FAQ

My opponent is not moving in a game

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:51 pm

My opponent is not moving in a game

If your opponent does not move during a game, there is unfortunately little we can do about it. Your opponent is entitled to use as much time as the time control allows - keep this in mind in the future when challenging a player you do not know. Some players simply stop playing once they start to lose, which can be very frustrating if you are playing a long game.
We strongly advise players to NOT play long games against opponents you do not know. Playing short time controls (like 1 - 10 minutes), is the best option if you want to avoid the frustration of an opponent who does not move, since they will lose quicker (and you do not have to waste as much time waiting).

Opponent not moving at the START of the game:
If neither you nor your opponent has made a second move (both players have played 1 move or less) you can simply click on the abort button - the game will immediately end and your rating will not be affected.

Opponent not moving in after move 3 in the game:
1) If you are going to be online for a while, keep the game open, but play multiple games by seeking again (maybe your opponent will become disconnected while you wait) - remember to keep an eye on the game to make sure your opponent has not moved.
2) If you need to go do something else, just leave ChessCube on and the game open. Hopefully they will lose on time / disconnect before they remember to move (or before you disconnect).

Feel free to post any discuss this topic in this thread. All content will be monitored by the Community and Moderators.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

dg2_bob

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: My opponent is not moving in a game

This is very annoying... can you put on like a automatic forfeit if your opponent takes more than 30 percent of their oringal time in a more? please consider this as something to put in one of your future versions. thx
<<

tuxtux

Pawn

Post Mon May 13, 2013 2:35 am

I have been experiencing this, too. Several times. So please, dear programmers, to remind you after some time... A maximum time is NEEDED ! thx
<<

tuxtux

Pawn

Post Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 am

10 days later I have been waiting for my opponent to move several times more. Please consider this complaint. 30 percent of the total time would be sufficient for a single move and would definitely improve the situation with annoying people, being bad losers. thx again for a statement of the chesscube "officials".
<<

tuxtux

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:33 am

3. time : Sry if I am annoying you. But i have to complain again ... I like chesscube and its bullet players, but i like to take my time to play longer games , espacilly if they are interesting. It is very hard to face these people, that obviously intend to get me to resign a won game, simply by letting me wait and not moving anymore when in a loosing position. Implement a maximum time for a move please !
<<

konstantino07

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:55 pm

tuxtux wrote:3. time : Sry if I am annoying you. But i have to complain again ... I like chesscube and its bullet players, but i like to take my time to play longer games , espacilly if they are interesting. It is very hard to face these people, that obviously intend to get me to resign a won game, simply by letting me wait and not moving anymore when in a loosing position. Implement a maximum time for a move please !

this should not ever happen. we must be free do manage our time as we wish
ready to join chesscube? just click her and get rewarded! http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... stantino07

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base