FAQ

Why play higher rate players?

<<

bishopbashir

Pawn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Why play higher rate players?

I've just joined so please tell me if I've got this wrong, but why on earth would I want to play higher rated players for cubits? Statistically I'm destined to lose (at least on average) and therefore also lose my cubits.

Also what's to stop someone faking a low rating and then playing well for a number of games to win a huge number of cubits. This system looks badly flawed.
<<

cavka

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am

Re: Why play higher rate players?

Hi bashir,

It's all your choice whom you are going to play and for which amount of cubits.
If you don't want to play much stronger players, you can set up in your seek preferences the "rating range" of the players who can challenge you. That way, no one outside that range won't even be able to challenge you on a game.

As for the second part of your post/question; faking a low rating is known as "sandbagging" and it's not legal thing to do on ChessCube. People who get caught doing this are getting banned.

So, please if you notice that someone is doing that, feel free to hit report abuse and let us know. You can also contact one of the online moderators.

P.S. Sandbaggers get banned every day, and ChessCube is making a great effort to get rid of them.
For business reasons, I must preserve the outward signs of sanity.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Re: Why play higher rate players?

Good afternoon,

@bashir, I find it much more entertaining playing higher rated people for cubits than playing lower rated people. Although statistically talking I have fewer options to win a game against them some people who are higher rated do not go well against some other people who are lower rated than them. I would really love to see rotating tables too where there is no point range.

Is there a way to erase the rating range? I mean I do not really care a lor for cubits and I do not mind playing people who are 600+ points higher rated than me, although I would lose nearly every game against them I find it entertaining.

cavka wrote:As for the second part of your post/question; faking a low rating is known as "sandbagging" and it's not legal thing to do on ChessCube. People who get caught doing this are getting banned.

So, please if you notice that someone is doing that, feel free to hit report abuse and let us know. You can also contact one of the online moderators.

P.S. Sandbaggers get banned every day, and ChessCube is making a great effort to get rid of them.

It maybe true but some people still get away by sandbagging every crown tournament they enter specially the daily warzone final. I think that the best move to stop sandbaggers is not banning but taking out the cashing out option and I would take out the point handicap system too and put position handicap instead.

Regards Xabier.

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base