Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 am

ChessCube & Google Chrome V42 and above

We've been hearing reports of Google Chrome causing chess pieces on ChessCube to being sluggish and difficult to move.

By default Chrome now uses Google's version of Flash, Pepper Flash, instead of Adobe Flash player. Since ChessCube games are designed for Adobe Flash player, there are occasionally some functionality issues with the pieces when Pepper Flash is used. For better results, you should disable Pepper Flash.

If you are on the most recent version of Chrome (Chrome 42) you will need to also enable NPAPI plugins to allow Adobe Flash to run. You can check your browser version here.

Please follow the directions below to disable Pepper Flash:

If you are on an older version of Chrome, skip to Disabling Pepper Flash below.

Chrome 42 and above:

1. Enter the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

2. Look for "Enable NPAPI" and click "Enable" so that it looks like the screenshot below when finished

3. To apply the changes relaunch Chrome by clicking the relaunch button at the bottom of the page

Disabling Pepper Flash:

1. Enter the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://plugins

2. Click the (+)Details sign the upper right corner so that it becomes a (-)Details sign

3. Scroll down to find your Adobe Flash Player plugins. Click the "Disable" link for the Flash plugin that ends in "\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll" ("/PepperFlash/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin" for Mac)

After this, your plugins should look like the image below, make sure that the box next to "Always allowed to run" is checked:

Restart Chrome to apply the changes

Very important:
If you only saw one option under the Adobe Flash player plugins section this means you do not have Adobe Flash installed for Chrome. You can download and install this version of Flash here.

It's very important that you have 2 versions of Flash shown in the plugins list, with the non-pepper version enabled, such as the screenshot below.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you're having any issues :)

Massive gamer with over 300+ games in my Steam account - Ferrari F1 Fanatic - Biased F1 Blogger - Metalhead. **Please do not PM me - use our Support email instead**. Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook.