cool :dance:
i love chess
<<

mr_toad

Pawn

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

WHY ARE POSTS NOT BEING ANSWERED? :naughty:

It would be really nice if someone would reply to the question below. I originally posted it on May 16 and have re-posted regularly since.

I know that I can add a friend to my list in my 'User Control Panel' but my question is about the "Add Fred to Friends" button on the main playing page. It seems that clicking on this button has no effect whatsoever - 'Fred' is not recorded on my Control Panel list.

The whole friends/buddies thing doesn't seem to work for me at all. Any suggestions?

WHY ARE POSTS NOT BEING ANSWERED? :naughty:
<<

newba

Knight

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:03 pm

mr_toad wrote:I know that I can add a friend to my list in my 'User Control Panel' but my question is about the "Add Fred to Friends" button on the main playing page. It seems that clicking on this button has no effect whatsoever - 'Fred' is not recorded on my Control Panel list.

What do you mean with "Add Fred to Friends"?
Who's Fred?
Brazil community's rocketeer!
<<

mr_toad

Pawn

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi newba

"Fred" references the person who I want to add to my list of friends. It could be Fred or Jane or whoever.

Adding someone to my list of friends in this way seems to be a waste of time. They do not appear on my list of friends which I access from my Control Panel, nor do they appear in my Profile.

I hope someone can explain how this system works. Same for "Foes". Maybe this facility only opens up for VIP members?

Thank you for replying.

Regards,
Mr Toad.
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 pm

mr_toad wrote:Hi newba

"Fred" references the person who I want to add to my list of friends. It could be Fred or Jane or whoever.

Adding someone to my list of friends in this way seems to be a waste of time. They do not appear on my list of friends which I access from my Control Panel, nor do they appear in my Profile.

I hope someone can explain how this system works. Same for "Foes". Maybe this facility only opens up for VIP members?

Thank you for replying.

Regards,
Mr Toad.

You mean you want to add 'fred' to your friends list in control panel.if you add him as a friend it only displays in control panel not in cc profile :text-datsphatyo: . thanks for reading still not sure you can ask again. :text-feedback: :text-thankyoublue:
:text-goodpost:
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
<<

mr_toad

Pawn

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 am

Hi newba

Thanks for your reply. I think we need a lot more explanation about this. I accept what you say but it would, of course, make sense to have the friend names in both the profile and the control panel.

My real point is that we cannot contact the friends that we have accepted when playing. They don't appear anywhere. I cannot communicate with anyone I have befriended and I've never had a message from anyone who has befriended myself either.

I cannot find anything at all about this in the forums or help files. Well maybe I'm just being dumb :)
<<

addtermsofuse

Pawn

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 am

Once you've added Friends (site links, or, by adding their handle in your settings / Community), you can send them private messages by clicking the Friends icon on the left (5th one down, I believe), click their handle if they're online and choose the 'private message' link.

If you start a message, they'll see a fresh tab labelled with your handle (like a chat room tab), and can respond there.

sftac
<<

mr_toad

Pawn

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks 'addtermsofuse' - just what I needed to know!
<<

loewinson_d

Pawn

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

rockius wrote:i still can't get "video watching" bonus... seen 4 videos :(

how do i watch screaming video? so i can get my bonus cubits
<<

centralxadrez

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:08 am

Hello all,

I'm working in a project on youtube in portuguese and soon I would like to star playing some games on line to upload on my channel.
I would like to know if we are free to use chesscube sever to make those kind of games to put at youtube, monetising the videos, or we can get an autorization for that.
Thank you
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base