FAQ

Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Still unsure? Post all general ChessCube questions here

mystifen wrote:I read that, but it doesnt say that free users will not be allowed to play 10 or 20 cubit games.

We have now re-included 20 Cubits wager option - this was removed earlier because it was very close to the no cubit charge of 10 cubits, which might have encouraged all users to go for wagering games only... and some users hate playing wagered games. For this reason, 10 cubit wagering will not return.

More details found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1980

Thanks,
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

vidya0706

Pawn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Sean wrote:If you're read through the FAQ's and chatted to a Moderator online, and you feel you have a question that you feel may need to be answered by an Admin/Moderator/User, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!
-Sean

Hi,

What is cubit and how it is useful to me.

Regards,
Vidya
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:33 pm

vidya0706 wrote:
Sean wrote:If you're read through the FAQ's and chatted to a Moderator online, and you feel you have a question that you feel may need to be answered by an Admin/Moderator/User, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!
-Sean

Hi,

What is cubit and how it is useful to me.

Regards,
Vidya

Hi,

This link provides you with the info you requested: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33&p=55#p55

Thanks,
-Sansen
<<

jimi1999uk

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 am

Hi all. I've been playing on Chesscube for at least a year or two now but I'm very likely going to leave your site for FCIS or another freesite for if I can't find a way to play chess without buying cubits. I'm unemployed, poor yadada and I'm never going buy cubits. Sorry.

I understand you need to find a way to moneterise the site and all that but for the past 3 days now i've only managed to get a few games in before getting hit with the message "not enough cubits" and then barred from ALL games. Even the non-wager ones (which I now know charge -10).

This is irritating as i've had as high as probably 30000 or 40000 cubits but as I often use them to "bribe" higher rated opponents to play me I'm now at zero.

Is there a way round this? As although I love this site and it's my default chessserver, i'm going to have to leave it if I can't play.
<<

bojan95

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I`ve tried all Sansen, I have tried every possible browser, refreshed 100 of times, and nothing I can`t enter chesscube on my PC, although I can enter it on both of my laptops, when i try to login it says Internal server error, when i cloick "Play" button it loads to 100% and stops there. Soon i am going to play on ccwc for my country, is here any solution since i notice it is not due to my PC or my Internet conection. :think: :think: :think:
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Good afternoon Bojan,

That is quite an interesting thing that happens to your pc, I am really not too sure what your problem might be. Let's see, have you tried downloading latest flash version, since there were some problems that I think were fixed with the flash 10.2 or 10.1 version.
Another reason might be that chesscube has taken all of your pc resources, this may happen if you have few RAM memory and thus, you can not enter. This one is very unlikely to happen the reason.
Other thing that I might think of is that your firewall has banned any flash resources from internet, but I doubt that is the reason. Your firewall or antivirus might have banned internet to chesscube or chesscube/play/app. Either way I am not too sure.

I would like you to try to connect to chesscube through this link although I am not too sure I can put it here (feel free the moderators to edit this post) viewforum.php?f=18 and there go to a coaching room to connect to chesscube.

Regards Xabier
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 am

jimi1999uk wrote:Hi all. I've been playing on Chesscube for at least a year or two now but I'm very likely going to leave your site for FCIS or another freesite for if I can't find a way to play chess without buying cubits. I'm unemployed, poor yadada and I'm never going buy cubits. Sorry.

I understand you need to find a way to moneterise the site and all that but for the past 3 days now i've only managed to get a few games in before getting hit with the message "not enough cubits" and then barred from ALL games. Even the non-wager ones (which I now know charge -10).

This is irritating as i've had as high as probably 30000 or 40000 cubits but as I often use them to "bribe" higher rated opponents to play me I'm now at zero.

Is there a way round this? As although I love this site and it's my default chessserver, i'm going to have to leave it if I can't play.

Hi,

You currently have 3 ways to get cubits; either by:

Thanks,
-Sansen
<<

m-lyon-c

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 am

Why the "Opponent does not have enough cubits" message?

why is it, than when I offer a seek, with no cubits at stake for the game - I sometimes get a message when someine accepts, saying "your opponent does not have enough cubits for this game" -even thought there are no cubits needed?!? To add to the confusion, the button below says: "get more cubits" -as if me buying more cubits will somehow solve my opponents mystery problem. This is very strange and annoying, will someone please explain this to me?
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 am

Good morning m-lyon-c,

The problem is that chesscube get 10 cubits for playing a game it doesn't matter if it is unrated or with no cubits played it doesn't get you any cubits if you play tournaments though.

More information at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1980

Regards Xabier.
<<

cofka

Pawn

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:42 pm

i play a wager of 20 cubits a game. even if i win the game i still lose the cubits!!! can this be explained?
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base