FAQ

No confirmation email? Email address not validated?

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 am

No confirmation email? Email address not validated?

Problem Report:

"I have never received my verification email, my username is XXXXX, my email address is [email protected], I have requested it a few times."

Resolution:

Feel free to post any email validation issues in this thread. All content will be monitored by the Community and Moderators.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

mayoshi

Pawn

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: No confirmation email? Email address not validated?

Hi,

I created this new account because I changed the email in my old one (DragonMM) and couldn't recieve the email validation.

What happened (FULL STORY):

First,

With my old account (DragonMM):

1)I changed my old email in my Profile with my new one that is xxxxx @ windowslive . com. (note that I had disabled my old email one year ago and cannot log in with this, this was a xxxxxx @ ymail . com mail)
2)It should be sent a validation email, but didn't.
3)I checked the email address. It's ok.
4)I then clicked resent validation email... Passed one day now, still no validation email arrived... I changed it through my profile.
5)I also checked the settings in my Hotmail and it's ok for recieving emails.
6)Also checked junk and spam folders...No mail there also.
7)Sent email to bugs @ chesscube . com, support @ chesscube . com, validate @ chesscube . com with the email and no reply recieved, only support @ chesscube . com sent an automated mail saying to email validate @ chesscube . com

Then, I changed the email to DragonMM (my old account) to my old one, so I would be able to create a new account with my new email.

Second, with
NEW ACCOUNT:

I created a new account with name MaYoShi and my new mail as above(Windows live - Note I access my emails through www . hotmail . com - I write spaces in links because this is my first post)

Also with this NEW account validation email cannot be sent, still... I sent again email to the bugs @ chesscube . com, support @ chesscube . com, validate @ chesscube . com...

Please need help. You may Validate my old Account (if you can - DragonMM) and delete the new one I created now, OR validate the new one and keep the old one. (I would prefer to validate my old account).

Thanks in advance!
<<

morningfields

Pawn

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 am

The problem is that I don't know how to validate my e-mail address, I've sent an e-mail to ChessCube but I didn't get a reply.

Does anyone know how I can get my e-mail address validated.

My e-mail works just fine by the way, I've never had problems except for now.

I've tried 2 different e-mail addresses but none of them seem to work for ChessCube.

One of them is gmail.

Thank you very much! ;)
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 am

Good evening everyone,

I am not too sure about this matter, but it seems that it needs more time than normal sometimes to get the email, I do not know the reason though, but, you can read here about what happened to other people and how it was solved: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2235

I encourage you trying to do what he/she did.

Have a nice day.

Regards Xabier.
<<

buah_dede

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi i not receiving validating mail too...

i already checked spam/bulk, and nothing found...

i already sent email to :
validate(at)chesscube(dot)com
support(at)chesscube(dot)com
bugs(at)chesscube(dot)com

but they are look like answering machine, and i can't got the solution from that contact...

so what must i do now? :(
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Good evening,
buah_dede wrote:i already checked spam/bulk, and nothing found...

It is not just checking spam and so on, but to check the filters that can be made automatically when you create the account instead.

Regards Xabier.
<<

buah_dede

Pawn

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 pm

xabichess wrote:Good evening,
buah_dede wrote:i already checked spam/bulk, and nothing found...

It is not just checking spam and so on, but to check the filters that can be made automatically when you create the account instead.

Regards Xabier.

i have checked filter, but it's look like ain't filter any chess keyword..
so please, can you do manually reactivate my chesscube account?
i will sent email to you directly from my email where i use to register my account on chesscube to prove it..
i miss to play & chat with other...

:pray:
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:29 am

Dear buah_dede,

I am sorry but I cannot do that since I am not part of the chesscube staff, just a normal user. Although I would recommend you looking the filters in the gmail account as I have described it in the other page.

Although it should not be, you can look at your antivirus to see if it filters the email too. Although I do not really think so.

I am out of ideas now.

Regards Xabier.
<<

buah_dede

Pawn

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 pm

xabichess wrote:Dear buah_dede,

I am sorry but I cannot do that since I am not part of the chesscube staff, just a normal user. Although I would recommend you looking the filters in the gmail account as I have described it in the other page.

Although it should not be, you can look at your antivirus to see if it filters the email too. Although I do not really think so.

I am out of ideas now.

Regards Xabier.

i'm very pleasure with your response xabichess, altough you're a normal user, your response is faster than staff response... :-d
anyway, thanks for your attention, i hope chesscube staff can to fix the support system, and can help me out from this case.... :pray:
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Good afternoon,

I have just got another idea, although it is most likely not to work and not to get an answer. But you can always send an email to the staff of gmail, yahoo, hotmail or either email hoster you have describing a bit what has happened to you and to see if they have those emails stored.

If they have, just ask them politely to send you back or see if there is any other intern filter in the browser or in any other part that may be the reason.

Regards Xabier.

PS: I hope it can help although normally the staff of these email hosters will just ignore you.
Next

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base