FAQ

Warzone?

<<

salient

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Warzone?

Hi, I'm a new player and I'm pretty confused about the Warzone tournaments. Could someone please differentiate them for me and tell me what the incentive to play in these tournaments are? Or at the very least, point me in the direction of a thread that explains it... I read the "official" Warzone threads and I didn't find them very informative at all. (What is multiplier, double cubing, etc.).
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Warzone?

Hi,

Everything is actually explained in this thread very clearly: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22

To try and make it simple for you, a multiplier mainly is concerned about your winning streak, the more consecutive wins you get the more points you get. If you lose a game midway, the multiplier resets. So try having the most winning streaks for more points.

Doubling the cube is an option that players could activate to get their points doubled, in the thread above it gives an example with a diagram the pointing system "how many points you will get if you: win/draw/lose/resign". Activating this option is best if you are certain of winning the game. (A dice like icon in the game-panel)

I don't think I have said anything differently than whats mentioned in the official warzone thread, My best advise for you is to enter a warzone tournament and see for yourself, you will get the hand of it in no time.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

salient

Pawn

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 am

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Just another question - is it possible to accumulate several Level 2/Level 3 tickets, or can an account only hold on to one at a time?
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:53 am

salient wrote:Ah, thanks for the clarification. Just another question - is it possible to accumulate several Level 2/Level 3 tickets, or can an account only hold on to one at a time?

Hi,

You could accumulate tickets, but keep in mind these tickets expire. Expiry of tickets vary from one series to another. And just to clarify one thing, You could not be using a ticket won in a certain series in another different series, for example using a level 2 ticket won in a weekend series in the daily series is not accessible.

Please read the explanation of "my tickets" found in your tournament panel to know what your tickets could be used for

Thanks
<<

vermiculite

Pawn

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 am

Hi, about the cube doubling, is there a setting somewhere (like the automatic promoting a pawn to a queen) that makes you automatically accept the doubling?
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 am

vermiculite wrote:Hi, about the cube doubling, is there a setting somewhere (like the automatic promoting a pawn to a queen) that makes you automatically accept the doubling?

No, there is no option to accept it automatically. It gives you the options in a pop up, whether you want to accept or resign.

Return to ChessCube Knowledge Base