FAQ

Glitch (Possible Bug).. Double game start.

<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Fri May 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Glitch (Possible Bug).. Double game start.

Sometimes after using the 'Quick Match' button, two tables will open, forcing me to play both or cancel one.. with a %50 chance of cancelling the wrong one.

Problem noticed since I been a member (about 6 months?)
Problem exists in Firefox 3 & 4. Latest and most recent Flash Versions.
Possibly lag related.

Any one else notice this?
<<

baluuu

Bishop

Post Sun May 15, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Glitch (Possible Bug).. Double game start.

willymack wrote:Sometimes after using the 'Quick Match' button, two tables will open, forcing me to play both or cancel one.. with a %50 chance of cancelling the wrong one.

Problem noticed since I been a member (about 6 months?)
Problem exists in Firefox 3 & 4. Latest and most recent Flash Versions.
Possibly lag related.

Any one else notice this?

i have never noticed this...for me only 1 table occurs....and only a game...if you have this then ..2 players may have selected you at the same time and 2 games would have opened cuz you have quick match........so play the game you wish to play.... :handgestures-thumbup:
it is not a move ,even the best move ,that you must seek ,but a realizable plan.....(chess proverb)
<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 pm

baluuu wrote:
i have never noticed this...for me only 1 table occurs....and only a game...if you have this then ..2 players may have selected you at the same time and 2 games would have opened cuz you have quick match........so play the game you wish to play.... :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is the problem.. The two tables glitch is the same opponent, not two separate ones. One table I play white, the other black.. It's simply as if the button was pressed twice... or something..

I have a workaround, which is to close the FIRST game that opens.. Which makes me look like one of those '1st move aborters''... (Does that make me an abortionist?') :dance: :D

I've seen this on both computers I use.. Surprised that it doesn't happen to anyone else?
<<

willymack

Pawn

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

Now that we are charged cubits for games, I believe this issue should be upgraded from GLITCH to BUG.

I am being charged for the cancelled game now when 2 games erroneously start...

This happens ALOT!

Does no one else see this issue?

I usually use the 'Quick Match' button at the end-of-game screen to start a new game... and poof, two boards begin. One I play white one black. Same opponent..

Please FIX.
<<

sweeney

Pawn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:06 pm

I get this a lot. Multiple games start at the same time when you seek, I have even seen 3, not necessarily the same opponent. If its a quick game, you dont have time to tell your opponent while you leaving. If you leave the game quick enough you get your cubits back though.

cheers
sweeney
ChessCube PLAYERS MATE IN OBSCURE POSITIONS
Get the T-Shirt here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ChessCube.550862183
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Good evening everyone,

I hope you have tried to put the seek list as a graph since you can click more than one game without realising in the seek list. The seek graph is easier to handle. If you are the one seeking putting it manual accepting will solve the incident.

Regards Xabier.
<<

sweeney

Pawn

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am

Xabier, This can happen without you clicking to request or accept a game with an individual. Only the quick play button.
I can log in for the first time, click the 5 minute button, I dont see player any player requests, and the software manually accepts more than one and they all start at the same time.
ChessCube PLAYERS MATE IN OBSCURE POSITIONS
Get the T-Shirt here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ChessCube.550862183
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Good day everyone,

I see, sorry I do not use the quick play button ^_^;

I just use the seek graph which I like more since oponents click your offer quite fastly.

Regards Xabier.
<<

crespigny

Pawn

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 pm

I face this problem a lot- Whenever i play a match (especially 1min rated), I seem to be winning on time because my opponent doesn't play for a while. Then suddenly he plays and his time is higher than mine. I lose a lot of games like this for no reason and feel 'cheated' of rating points. Please rectify this.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:18 am

Good day crespigny,

I suppose you had a big lag stroke, in those games. Sometimes, seldom times, it is a server glitch that makes your oponent and your own time without any time lose after some 20~25 secs have passed but it is not usual. Still either way there is not a lot that can be done to resolve that kind of incident. This second incident should happen very seldom, if it is the first one there is already a lot of other threads in the forum about that matter.

One last thing, your oponent has not made you lose your time.

Regards Xabier.
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages