FAQ

Insufficient cubits ...

<<

thomas_christ

Pawn

Post Tue May 24, 2011 1:56 am

Insufficient cubits ...

I have over 1,500 cubits and when I try to play a game (15-minute rated), it tells me I need more cubits and offers a chance to buy $5 worth ...
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 2:23 am

Re: Insufficient cubits ...

Hi,

When you encounter something like that, please refresh your browser; i.e. log out from chesscube, then log back in.

Thanks,
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

thomas_christ

Pawn

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:48 pm

I have logged out of Facebook and then back in again in a new browser after restarting the computer - no help.

I logged in a couple of days in a row and got the bonus cubits, but it still would not let me play.

I did get a game going once by clicking the "Play" tab on the left of the board some kind of way, and was then able to continue playing until I closed out all of the old games and started again from the Home tab at the bottom of the board.

How I wish I had left one of the old games still up. I can click on quick match in an old game and play. No help to me now though since I can not get a game ...

I would really hate to have to delete my internet history from my browser. Do you think that might help?

Is logging out of Facebook the same as logging out of Chesscube?
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi,

You can't log on the same user twice, so yes logging out from facebook means you're offline the main site as well on that user.

Have you tried playing through here?: http://www.chesscube.com/play/app/

and see if you could get a game.

What browsers have u been using? Usually with a case like yours a simple browser refresh does the trick.

Let me know
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

thomas_christ

Pawn

Post Wed May 25, 2011 9:31 am

I use Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, the only browser ever installed on this computer.

The link you gave does not change anything - still cannot play - insufficient cubit message.

In the opening screen where you have the four round blue buttons, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes or Seek, any buttong gives me that error.

In the small manual window that comes up on the right, Seek and Quick Match both return the error.

However, if I click the Play tab on the left, the tabe between the Tournament Tab, and the Watch tab, above the Leaderboard tab,
I can then click on the list view rather than the Graph view in the Play window that comes up.

If I click on Play next to a user name, I can get a game, but after that game, I still cannot use Seek of Quick Match. I must return to the ever-changing player list and click play, getting whatever happens to be their preferences.

I just finished an hour-long game. Believe me, I much prefer the 15-minute games, but the list changes so quickly, I cannot search for a suitable game.

Still, at least I get to play, or, of course, there is zone.msn.com, but I much prefer ChessCube, when it is working right.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Wed May 25, 2011 10:12 am

You've been playing high value Cubit games - and now you're left with just under 700 Cubits.
Please check your seek settings - make sure your Cubit wager amount is set to a lower amount.

Also, please make sure which color dots you're clicking on when using the seek graph. They indicate the Cubit wager value of the game.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

thomas_christ

Pawn

Post Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you Sean!

My cubit level setting in the quick match was 2000! Duh!

It answers my next wonderment as well. How did I go from 1500 cubits to as few as I have after playing only a few games ...
Duh!

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages