FAQ

[Suggestion]When you are winning...

<<

efficacy28

Pawn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm

[Suggestion]When you are winning...

Okay, there is an issue that needs to be addressed. When you are winning, no matter what move your opponent makes you will win. But, since your opponent knows that, he will just not do anything just to "test your patience..." (6)

For example:

As you can see, my opponent (black) clearly only has one move... and that is to move his bishop at F7 to G8. But, he just sits there... like he just jumped out the window or something...

Anyway, here's the point: I'm suggesting that there should be a button implemented that can only be activated when some conditions are met (i.e. Half of the game pieces are remaining) and when pressed, the opponent may only have a minute or something to make a move, otherwise you win. It's better waiting a minute or 2, than having to wait 8. :)

Thank you for reading my request. If you think this is unnecessary, can you suggest any tips for when this occurs please? Thanks again.
<<

efficacy28

Pawn

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: [Suggestion]When you are winning...

It seems that the picture is too small... I'm going to re-post the picture except larger.

Sorry for double posting... >.<
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: [Suggestion]When you are winning...

Well, in this case, the opponent only has one move, so you can use "pre-move" to make your next. If he doesn't play, you'll win on time, if he does play, your premove will kick in. As long as you stay connected, you'll be fine.

The more difficult case would be when the opponent has two possible responses, which you need to meet differently. It may be "heresy" to mention other chess sites here, but in correspondence style chess at "chess.com" you can enter "conditional moves" with branching and to quite some depth. That would solve the problem, but it's quite a big ask.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages