FAQ

Limiting Accounts Made

<<

goodchessmind

Pawn

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Limiting Accounts Made

In several tournaments I have played I have noticed several 1600's or 1700's performing quite well. Now I don't know if this is just a coincidence or a lot of them are sandbagging. Either way i have noticed this as a consistent pattern in several tournaments I have played.

The feature I would like implemented is to allow users to only have two accounts on chesscube as the maximum. One can be without facebook registration and one can be through facebook.

I have no idea if chesscube loses money with implementing such a feature or if it even has the capability to implement such a feature since users can change their iP address. But i believe this will send a message to cheaters and sandbaggers. I believe one extra chance for a user is a fair policy.

If this feature would be implemented for already existing users with multiple accounts, I would suggest just having all existing users ask the account they want to keep by possibly sending a message to the chesscube team. Further ideas by existing users regarding this issue can be brought forth.

I hope chesscube considers implementing such a feature if it is possible in order to reduce the incidence of cheating and make chess the honored game it once used to be.

Anybody reading this post I would greatly appreciate your feedback on implementing such an idea. I would like your reasoning for supporting such an idea or opposing it.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Limiting Accounts Made

I doubt if cc will limit the number of paid accounts one has, but this sounds like a good idea for unpaid accounts.

:auto-sportbike:
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

goodchessmind

Pawn

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 am

Yes I didn't think about people having multiple paid accounts. That is something that would have to be addressed if CC would decide to implement such a feature. I would have to agree if an existing user paid for vip for multiple accounts they should be able to keep them and the cubits they paid for. One idea potentially to overcome this is to transfer the cubits and the vip from the other accounts to the one account the user wants to keep. There may be other ideas.
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Well, in the past ChessCube had a limit per IP address: 5. Maybe the should reinforce that limit. It may make potential cheats aware .
<<

patzer5716

Pawn

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Making such policy is easy but most likely they won't even implement it :think:

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages