FAQ

Cloack Cheatin / Lagging on purpose / Time travel

<<

manfrixkiller

Pawn

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Cloack Cheatin / Lagging on purpose / Time travel

Well it seems that this is a usual way of cheating from the couple of bullet games i have played. I think i might had have found the modus operandi of these low life players with no self esteem. At the beggining it didn´t really bugged me, after all im just here for random tournaments and play some bullet games when i want to relax my ears from my work. Nowadays they really annoy me! Getting to the point here is my theory wich so far is 98% proven to be true in different game scenarios, first I´ll explain how a legal opponent develops his game in a 1 minute game and the time he usually consumes during certain game presets like in the opening with the different piece moving in- game options.

In an usual 1 min game with a legit player everyting goes smooth the first scenario in this type of games are the pre moves wich constitute a saving of time but even with pre moves the seconds consumed by the clock by 2 to 3 moves is = to 2 seconds
this is where i land to my first clock cheating finding: Some players of the 60 seconds use only 1 sec for 10+ moves during the opening. usually this lead to a huge time difference of about 10 seconds in wich ofcourse the cheater gets the advantage no matter how fast you play or the pre moves you make, if you are good with maths you will see that the legit player of the 60 seconds will usually have used from 8 to 10 seconds but magically the "cheating" opponent has left 59 seconds meaning he has only used 1 second.

How can i prove this?

I tried to play with pre moves no matter what position or if i was winning or losing just random pre moving pieces amazingly i did consume for 10 + moves only 6 seconds but ended up losing 90% of the time.

Now i will talk about the second case scenario in this one the game goes smooth for the first 10 seconds but suddenly their connection bar starts fluctuating usually at this point both opponents have 50 to 40 seconds left in the clock, the cheating starts when the color of their connection bar changes for every move they make they start getting a second back!!!
is as if you are being punnished for having a good internet connection, this type of cheating leads you to a huge time difference and for when the end of the game has arrived you have 10 to 5 seconds left and your cheating opponent 25+ seconds.

ofcourse this may be lag but can´t this lag issue be somehow made on purpose? after all why is he getting a second back?

how to prove it?
Just watch your opponents clock and try to play as fast as you can only when you are left with 5 seconds their clock starts reasonably reducing and their connection bars usually goes back to green or light green.

I have reported all of this guys but the costumer support replies me with the same thing over and over for example / the lag latency thing and the pre move and thats why i make this post to explain the situation clearly since in the cheat report im only allowed to write 20 characters.

I salute all the chesscube players cheaters or not and kindly ask chesscube to take a look in their time compesantion for laggers as i find it totally bad to be punnished for having a good connection.

Thanks in advanced! :violin:
<<

dayt0na

Pawn

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Cloack Cheatin / Lagging on purpose / Time travel

Hmmm, experienced the Clock reverting thing with some players, but overall, the days I lag, usually lose a majority of the games.. :think:
<<

samsom

Pawn

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

The calculation of the time is many times strange, really very strange. There is f.e. 10 seconds on my clock and 0 seconds on my opponent’s clock. I can see it on the display!!! The game continues some more time … and the result is “I loose on time”. Why??? I don’t know.
<<

mikanakamura

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 am

I don't think users have any control over that, so that they can cheat. If someone can make 10 moves in one second using premove functionality and you cannot, it doesn't mean he is cheating.
Either the one who cannot make 10 moves in one second is at fault, or chesscube.
<<

manfrixkiller

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm

mikanakamura wrote:I don't think users have any control over that, so that they can cheat. If someone can make 10 moves in one second using premove functionality and you cannot, it doesn't mean he is cheating.
Either the one who cannot make 10 moves in one second is at fault, or chesscube.

are you blind? read the post or maybe i wasnt clear when i played with pre moves wich i can!! everyone can!! i moved my pieces before it was my turn.. and still consumed for 2 - 3 moves from 1 to 2 seconds and cheaters can premove more than 10 times using only 1 second.. and playing actually pretty good.. so it is humanly impossible to do that unless you are using a software to play for you!
<<

mikanakamura

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

manfrixkiller wrote:
mikanakamura wrote:I don't think users have any control over that, so that they can cheat. If someone can make 10 moves in one second using premove functionality and you cannot, it doesn't mean he is cheating.

are you blind? read the post or maybe i wasnt clear when i played with pre moves wich i can!! everyone can!! i moved my pieces before it was my turn.. and still consumed for 2 - 3 moves from 1 to 2 seconds and cheaters can premove more than 10 times using only 1 second.. and playing actually pretty good.. so it is humanly impossible to do that unless you are using a software to play for you!

Cheaters using software? Which timer did you play? bullet 1+0? If you think those cheaters are using software's to play so fast (10 moves in 1 second) then why don't you allow them to do "fool's mate"? I hope you understand what do i mean by allowing your opponent to make fool's mate.

TIP: An engine which plays automatically for you can "never" avoid fool's mate.

I am not asking you to do this and let us know thereafter. This is only for your satisfaction. I am probably sure the cheaters you are referring to won't make that fool's mate.
<<

vkn

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 am

the whole preview idea is the problem here,many a times,it turns against certain players!! :@

also,the pre move option makes it a software based game,i.e its not the chess anymore,its how fast you move the mouse!!! :(
<<

samsom

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Today, 28. 04. 2011, Daily Warzone, Final. Start at 20:00. The first player vestel89 was able to play 53 games in 52 minutes!!!!! Time control was 2 minute for a game for each player. Does anybody believe that??? :liar:
<<

manfrixbaned

Pawn

Post Wed May 04, 2011 3:28 pm

I found a method to beat these lagging "clock Cheaters" whenever you play against a player whos time seems to increase back everytime you move... for example in a 1 minute game.. the way to beat them is to put up a nodge and play even faster whenver you consume more than a second their clock always goes back.. therefore you need to use pre moves the more pre moves you make the faster their time runs out.. and from their clock 1 or 2 seconds will be reducted at once... if you dont hurry and play slow.. their time will continue to add ... is this cheating? maybe they are cheating that is true as they lag on purpose to get that advantage but this is a way to own them fools!
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Dear manfrixbaned,

I know how you feel, it is really annoying to play laggers, I have nothing against the country's or the people from these countries but I find that a lot of philipines or indonesian players have either poor connection which can be or for any other reason when I play them they have a lot of lag. I don't like that, it makes you play 2/0 or 3/0 game instead of 1/0.

I have nothing against them since I know that they play legit and just have really bad lag. I think that they too play with that incertity of what move have my oponent done since I have lag, and that is where they usually in the 40 secs left or 30 secs left part play really fast since they do not know whether the move will have a lot of lag or not.

Now you can say that they are used to the lag and you are not, I do not know if you can get used to it but it happens that way. The way to beat them as you have said it is
the way to beat them is to put up a nodge and play even faster whenver you consume more than a second their clock always goes back.. therefore you need to use pre moves the more pre moves you make the faster their time runs out..

Other matter is what you have said about the premove in the early part of the game, I have made 20 moves in the first sec and I do not think I have been cheating, I have just premoved every moves since the start. Sometimes this is quite easy to do if your oponent have around 0.4~0.7 secs of lag or more, even though if he has more lag it is really risky since you do not know if he has lag or he is actually thinking. The major fact to do this is when you and your oponent try to make a "strong" defence in the beginning of the match, usually when they do fianchetto in the first 2-3 moves and then continue with d3 and so you can do a lot of premove without a lot of risk and like that you both can make around 10~15 moves in the first sec by premoving by both players. Thus, I do not think that they were cheating, it is just that you have not attacked them properly or they have tried to defend the king by fianchettoing fastly as white or as black and make a lot of premoves since they know that you cannot attack them fast. It is really risky but it can be done.

This is why I cannot agree with your comment, sorry manfrixbaned, I have to tell you that I really hate playing laggers since they distract me a lot from my game. I would love to see them getting some kind of punishment but since chesscube politics is to take the first 2 secs of lag out ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35 ) you can not really complain about that.

I am sorry if I have been rush or impolite to you.

Regards Xabier.
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages