FAQ

VIP/Premium Streaming Videos

<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 am

VIP/Premium Streaming Videos

I've lost count of how many times I've reported through "feedback" that VIPs/Premiums don't have access to the promised "last 5" streaming videos. We regularly don't get the new one weekly, and I currently can only see two videos. So this time I wanted my complaint to be more public.

You need to sort this out, chesscube. There's lots I love about chesscube, but you need to raise your game. Between your price rises and repeated mistakes like these, I'll definitely be considering taking my paid membership elsewhere. Please try to persuade me to stay by getting this right.

What do other VIPs/Premiums think?
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

Re: VIP/Premium Streaming Videos

Hi iblunder,
Sorry for the (repeated) oversight. I will make sure that this enters a formal process so that all 5 videos (including new ones) are available weekly.
As a separate issue, VIP is actually cheaper than ever - so I am not sure what you mean by "price rises"
Regards,
Bryan
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks Bryan,

On the videos: That's good to hear. Am looking forward to seeing the rest of DM's A to Z along with anything else which may come along. (It's been a while since we saw anything from Simon Williams ...)

On the prices: Premium used to be cheaper than VIP and could be bought with real money rather than taking a "via crowns" route. That said, VIP is indeed cheaper than I remembered. Note however that it is, as I type, 270 crowns for a year, and the closest bundle is 225 crowns (which is incorrectly marked as enough for buying a year's VIP), and the next up is 1000 crowns. So to get VIP as cheaply as possible you currently need to do 225 ($25)+ 49 ($5.99)= 274 ($30.99). Is this really "cheaper than ever"? The error on the crowns bundle pricing strongly suggests otherwise. [Edit: Or perhaps not: though the shop says 270 cubits for VIP the "app" says £225 due to "<3 chesscube" month].

Anyway, I see I'm back to 5 videos ... so I have some watching to do!
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Also, as pleased as I am to have 5 videos, we seem to have skipped the following: Tarrasch parts 4 and 5, Urusov parts 1 and 2
It is an A to Z after all ...
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Me again ... back to having only 4 videos at present. We've also skipped back to the letter W without finishing T and U (we already had V). The alphabet isn't rocket science ... and nor is sticking to a weekly schedule.
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 am

This may be a separate issue, but the system now tells me I have no videos in my inventory. Poor show.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 am

Good evening,

That is pretty strange I still have 5 videos in my inventory, tarrasch defence 3-4 urusov defence 1-2 and wing gambit 2. Maybe it was just something for few moments that happened today at miday, due to maintainance.

Regards Xabier.
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I'm one short again ... Is this some sort of joke?
Presumably when the next one arrives, it'll be Tarrasch Pt 5? ...
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:34 am

Good evening,

It is pretty strange since I still have 5, tarrasch defence 4, urusov gambit 1 and 2, wing gambit 2 and exchange ruy lopez 1.

Maybe you should refresh, or if not try contacting the chesscube staff at [email protected] .

I hope you can get the 5 videos back.

Regards Xabier.
<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Ok, back to 5 again. As you say, Ruy Lopez exchange ... which is very welcome, but it'd be a shame to miss Tarrasch Pt5. Based on past form, I'm not expecting to stay at a full complement of 5 for long.
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages