FAQ

Latency feature request

<<

sweeney

Pawn

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:15 am

Latency feature request

Hi guys,
I think having a measure of latency, and having the knowledge of your opponents latency will help in the fight against some of the losing on time related issues. Then also being able to use this info on settings of game requests. There should also be a latency cut off point when playing some of the quicker games like bullet, so players with too much lag cannot play as they more likely to effect gameplay.
All the best
sweeney
ChessCube PLAYERS MATE IN OBSCURE POSITIONS
Get the T-Shirt here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ChessCube.550862183
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Latency feature request

Dear Sweeny,

You already can see the latency, or lag your oponent have had for the previous move. It is marked in a colour over their id, I will put an example with an image.

You can see there, red is bad connection from (401+ms) and it gives you the time in miliseconds. Yellow is average connection from 101ms to 400 ms I think and green is good connection less than 100 ms (ms = miliseconds.).

Regards Xabier.
<<

sweeney

Pawn

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Latency feature request

I see says the blind man. Thanks again xabi for pointing out latency, will monitor and compare with games that drop out.
Still think there is scope to utilise this knowledge in game searches and not allowing lag players into bullet tournaments.
ChessCube PLAYERS MATE IN OBSCURE POSITIONS
Get the T-Shirt here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/ChessCube.550862183

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages