FAQ

Should Jerry/ChessNetwork be given a VIP by Chesscube?

<<

tao999

Pawn

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

Should Jerry/ChessNetwork be given a VIP by Chesscube?

... for his work drawing people to this site?

I suggest that he should, it seems somewhat silly to see Jerry in his own room (sometimes at the bottom of the list, out of sight) without VIP. I suspect that he draws enough people to this site to make this a fair suggestion, assuming he is not being paid by the site in cash. Maybe he is getting the same benefits without the VIP(?), but it is still a good idea IMO...

Before someone posts here that I should buy him one, I will note that I can't (for various reasons), though I would be willing to contribute cubits (I have a few thousand) if someone would take them in exchange for buying Jerry/CN said VIP. If others think this is a good idea and would otherwise be willing to chip in cubits to a VIP purchaser, feel free to post below...

Still though, would be proper IMO for the sight to buy him one themselves.

On a related note, I am wondering how much it costs (in dollar terms, for the server/bandwidth) to host a game of chess, say a 1.0 min game and a 30 min game, programming costs aside...
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Should Jerry/ChessNetwork be given a VIP by Chesscube?

he u missed "cc referral system"post ,,if he draws enough ppl to chesscube with his referral adress he will be given 1 month vip (if he is 1st in the list)
<<

tao999

Pawn

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 am

Interesting, but I suspect most people he draws to Chesscube are from his videos, which make no mention of any referral system. Also, I don't recall being asked about referrals when I signed up here, unless this question is asked and a name (instead of a code) is accepted as being a "referral", I doubt Jerry is getting credit for the people he draws here.

That said, his videos are quite popular and therefore likely draw many people to chesscube, and yet Jerry has no VIP.

Insofar as Chesscube (logically, IMO) draws the same connection as I have, I think they should award Jerry a VIP, and probably a years worth at least. It only seems proper that someone of Jerry's worth to this site - and the chess community in general - be recognized as a VIP, especially by a site he effectively promotes.
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

well he posts his videos in youtube ,,ask him to give the chesscube link(combined with his referral name) in the main comment,and i am sure he will get many more things like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for more info see this--------->>http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2341
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 pm

<<

royroyorb

Pawn

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I think all should be given VIP who make at least 100 videos about chesscube.
<<

yerbamate

Pawn

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 am

http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... ss_network

:dance:

jerry are the best.
I speak spanish, english is far to be my 2nd lang, but I can understand all concepts clearly.
And is his laugh is contagious .

VIP for him. :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<

isabelthecat

Pawn

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am

Yeah, you're right, Jerry should get a VIP. He's the one who drew me here :)

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages