FAQ

Disconnection time

<<

pokefan1297

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 am

Disconnection time

HI everybody,

My computer is slow and often disconnects when I am in the middle of a game, and often I am not able to reconnect in the two minutes after disconnection, and I end up losing games that I would normally have won. This happens frequently, so it is quite annoying. I don't think two minutes is enough time to reconnect. Could you please consider increasing the time that you have to reconnect to like, say, 5 minutes? Or, even better, get rid of the two- minutes -to- reconnect- thing completely and instead, when you get disconnected, your clock just counts down like normal, and if you run out of time, you lose, like normal. For example, you have ten minutes remaining on your game, and it is your move. You get disconnected, and are not able to reconnect for seven minutes. When you finally do, you only have three minutes on your clock, but the game is still going, instead of making you lose (say you are up a queen or about to give checkmate, or something, and losing is very frustrating, especially agaist a much lower rated player, because then you lose a lot of points and cubits.) Does anyone see what I am saying? Please post here if you agree/disagree with me! Thank you.
<<

minichess

Bishop

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Re: Disconnection time

i agree ;)
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Good afternoon,

I cannot agree with that one, I think that there are far more cases when people disconnects to avoid being mated than just because of bad connection. I find it really annoying having to wait 2 mins and if you have to wait even more it would be even more time waisting.

Sorry but I would take the 2 min to just 30 secs, since in most cases they leave when they are lost.

Regards Xabier.
<<

pokefan1297

Pawn

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah, but in my experience, most people just stop moving and make you wait until they run out of time, which is usually more than just 2 minutes. Once someone made me wait like 40 minutes until they ran out of time. (h)
<<

minichess

Bishop

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:54 pm

xabichess wrote:Good afternoon,

I cannot agree with that one, I think that there are far more cases when people disconnects to avoid being mated than just because of bad connection. I find it really annoying having to wait 2 mins and if you have to wait even more it would be even more time waisting.

Sorry but I would take the 2 min to just 30 secs, since in most cases they leave when they are lost.

Regards Xabier.

xabichess i respest u
ur senior but i am not agree what u say sorry.
I think up to 5 min game more time need to reconnect
Regards Minichess
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Good day,

It is already a pain to wait for two mins in 2 min warzone tournaments when your oponent disconnects to wait around 2 min a half, summing the 30 secs more these oponents usually get when they play against me in time handicap warzones. This means you need to wait for 2mins and a half when they disconnect and without double cubing. Making the oponent waist 2 and a half mins. In those 2 and half mins you can win another game with double cubing or 2 games depending on how fast you play.

Maybe at long games which are not part of warzone you can put the disconnect forfait on 5 mins or 6 mins, although it will get even more time waisting when your oponent leaves in a lost position making you wait more time.

Regards Xabier.
<<

pokefan1297

Pawn

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Put more time to reconnect for the slower games, but in bullet or tourneys, maybe leave it as it is. Or get rid of the disconnection time completely. If some rude opponent wants to make you wait, they can just not move and keep their time running, which is what almost all of the people I play do. (h)
<<

johncenaa

Rook

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:30 pm

hello,check these:

Lag : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=64
Lag Compensation : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35
Check your lag : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1501&
Problems with lag : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=684&
Disconnecting problems : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2431

thanks
Learn Chess From GrandMaster - http://rcaofficialpartner.blogspot.com/ . I teach beginners at chesscube.If you have any questions please contact me..!!Here is my website here and my youtube chess channel here

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages