FAQ

lag and premove bug

<<

elderofnight

Pawn

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 pm

lag and premove bug

When you premove, you should not loose any time, but if u have lag, you loose time on your move, and on opponents move, and since all moves made are premove, this is a bug in the timer/clock/server system.

I was advised to premove every move in 1 minute games to avoid loosing on time, and so I did and still lost on time with the opponent having 30 seconds left.

I watched the timer remove time from my clock during my turn and his, which should not happen.

when it is the opponents turn, my time should not be reduced at all if the move is a premove. This is defiantly a bug that needs fixed. there needs to be something that tells the server if the move was a premove, so the time is not reduced. :(

Comments / Suggestions
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:12 am

Re: lag and premove bug

Good day,

It happens a lot if you have lag... in a 1 minute game, if you are lagging "just" two secs of your lag is substracted from the time your move took to get to server. If it takes more time to get to server your move will get your time to go down. I sincerelly think it is a good feature else a 1 minute game can take over 10 minutes.
To know more about lag check here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35

I find it really unfair to good connection people to play red lag players. When I play green lag players in 1 min it gets difficult in the end to premove since both of us are premoving with around 3-4 moves per sec without losing any timer, whilst we play a red lag person both players can make 20 moves by premoving without losing a single tenth of a sec. While you consume over 30 secs to make those 20 moves. I find it slow. I mean it is a 1 min game not a 2 or 3 min game.

One more thing, when you see your timer go down and his timer go up when you have 2-3 secs lag you must know that your oponent too sees your time go up 2 secs every move you make.

Regards Xabier.
<<

Reecemaxwe

Bishop

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: lag and premove bug

xabichess wrote:Good day,

It happens a lot if you have lag... in a 1 minute game, if you are lagging "just" two secs of your lag is substracted from the time your move took to get to server. If it takes more time to get to server your move will get your time to go down. I sincerelly think it is a good feature else a 1 minute game can take over 10 minutes.
To know more about lag check here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35

I find it really unfair to good connection people to play red lag players. When I play green lag players in 1 min it gets difficult in the end to premove since both of us are premoving with around 3-4 moves per sec without losing any timer, whilst we play a red lag person both players can make 20 moves by premoving without losing a single tenth of a sec. While you consume over 30 secs to make those 20 moves. I find it slow. I mean it is a 1 min game not a 2 or 3 min game.

One more thing, when you see your timer go down and his timer go up when you have 2-3 secs lag you must know that your oponent too sees your time go up 2 secs every move you make.

Regards Xabier.

Plus it makes the game unfair for the person with good connection.. it could maybe make them lose on time.. or something similar

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages