FAQ

[fixed] BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

<<

ehe

Pawn

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Flash player troubleshoot! About flash version 10.2

sandbagr_ wrote:I'm sorry but I have tried everything that has been posted on this site/forum, everything that I've googled and my flash is still crashing every 5 to 10 minutes. Nothing is working for me and I continue to crash and have problems. I can't even go back to Adobe 9 because it's not compatible with Chesscube. I don't understand how it's fine for other people and not for me, it's weird.
How you've fixed the problem bc I sure can't. I've been told the issue is going to be fixed soon, but when, by who, how will I know? This sucks.

Plz give us some info about your system . I think you are somewhere, somehow missing a step or something .
<<

secosana

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 pm

in firefox it works but not in chrome,it's always crashed :think:
I'm sweet but a little bit dangerous...
<<

aliengambit

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Re: BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

kravtz wrote:BUG:

-flash player 10.2 bugs any browser causing it to hickup (crush)
-suggestion: don't install it
-suggestion2: should anyone have already installed the 10.2. release, here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.h ... developers
they can find older archived version (10.1.85.3 works fine with Win Vista)
-that's it

hope it proves useful,
regards
kravtz

It's absolutely RIDICOLOUS that you suggest an unsafe downgrade to an unsecure version of the Flash!!! How is possible that you don't care of the risk for the customers? Flash is needed for the most of the modern sites. A wise solution is only the development of YOUR site app.
<<

gmcarpio

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

secosana wrote:in firefox it works but not in chrome,it's always crashed :think:

hi...

chrome will auto-update you to the latest version, for now, please refrain from using chrome to avoid the auto-update
ultimate chess lover, hobbyist musician and a C-Sharper (C#) (")(o_o)(")
my world : http://jlc86-music.blogspot.com
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

aliengambit wrote:It's absolutely RIDICOLOUS that you suggest an unsafe downgrade to an unsecure version of the Flash!!! How is possible that you don't care of the risk for the customers? Flash is needed for the most of the modern sites. A wise solution is only the development of YOUR site app.

Hi,

We're offering short-term fixes and workarounds that would assist you in using ChessCube while we work with Adobe to fix this problem. It's your choice to install the debug version of Adobe Flash Player afterall. We're simply giving you an extra option.

ChessCube is not the only site with 10.2 problems, as a simple Google search will show you. As for your wise solution - if it was a ChessCube issue, we would've had the fix within a couple of hours of 10.2 being launched. The issue does not lie with ChessCube, we've debugged our code line-by-line and can confirm that zero errors relating to Flash 10.2 have been found. Some websites are sitting back waiting for this issue to be resolved, whereas ChessCube is working with and actively assisting Adobe in sorting out this issue.

All we can ask of our users at this time is to be patient while this issue is resolved, and to understand that we are not playing the waiting game - we are taking steps to sorting it out and want this resolved as speedily as our users do.

Thanks,
Sean
<<

jekatotal

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 am

All I have to do is waiting maybe a couple of months, since Chesscube cannot resolve this bug. It crashes in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and the Adobe site does not permit downloading a previous version.
<<

cheeplayer

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Flash 10.2 crashes while playing Chess

Does anyone know , how I can downgrade flashplayer fro 10.2 to 10.1 in ubuntu linux?
I googled and tried couple of options using repository installer, however evrytime I am getting 10.2 from repository.
:(

I haven't even found any offline 10.1 installer from adobe.

For windows , given link from chesscube is working fine.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Flash 10.2 crashes while playing Chess

Hi, give this a try:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:flash-utils/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flash-utils

Then

sudo flash-apt-get install plugin-debug (for debug player)
sudo flash-apt-get install plugin (for non debug player)

Thanks,
Sean
<<

cubitslover

Pawn

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 am

i dont really understand about pc, can someone, tell me a simple way to prevent this crash?
<<

chessychess

Pawn

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: [fixed] BUGGED browser after installing Flash 10.2

I believe many users are likewise affected by this bug. One important question many users would like to ask is whether the bug was caused by Adobe or Chesscube, as this could resolve the issue of refunding tourney entry fees for those logged out when playing tourneys since Chesscube are surprisingly not willing to refund entry fees related to this bug.

Just before the bug happened, my game panel was replaced by a msg requiring me to update to the latest FlashPlayer before I can relog in again. But after doing so, I got worse problems instead and my IE browsers keep crashing occassionally without end. I am sure many users experienced this same situation too just before it happened.

It thats the case, then its obvious the problem arose due to some system upgrading by this beta-testing site. Although the latest FlashPlayer version may also be another problem, CC is the one who made us get entangled wtih this latest Flash version. I let the community here decide if thats the case as experienced by many.

Todate, I have not been refunded for 2 tourneys I entered that day when the bug first started, totalling over 1,000 cubits. This is peanuts in value, CC should not make it more difficult for its loyal active users.

Loyal User,
Chessmaniapro
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages