FAQ

Tournament suggestions

<<

tao999

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 am

Tournament suggestions

As follows:

1) Change the green arrow button on the home/tournament page (start page). As it stands now I perceive the arrow as saying "go to tournament" instead of "enter tournament, and I suspect others have also seen it the same way and entered tournaments that they have not actually wanted to play.
Some suggested changes would be to a) have a confirmation box pop-up (eg: "are you sure you want to enter this tournament"), to have a label on top (eg: "Enter"), or to have the green box simply direct the user to the tournament page where they can choose to enter or not enter as they see fit.

2) Allow users to withdraw from tournaments (i.e. un-enter) before the tournament starts. I assume this is not in place now because a system does not exist to withdraw cubits from users who don't actually play the tournaments? Either way, people can get called away unexpectedly before a tournament starts, and having them entered but not playing is a bummer for those who are already in but want to play actual opponents, or for those who would like to enter but cannot due to a full tourney (including some non-players).

3) Automatically withdraw people from tournaments who miss 2 or 3 straight games, again with a loss of cubits (assuming this is possible) for those who miss these games from the very start.

4) Run an algorithm to flag sandbaggers automatically and deal with them accordingly. A quick check for example might be to see if someone 200pts or less under the top players is regularly winning or placing high in tournaments for example. Related, consider modifying the ratings of those who are clearly playing above their tournament rating level (on a monthly basis perhaps), along with a clarification on the rules re. sandbagging.

5) Flatten the payment system for those (large) tournaments paying out for only the top 3 places (This might be just a personal preference, but I would rather get some cubits for 4-10th or so and I suspect others feel the same.)

6) Fix the "i" buttons (they currently do not display information, at least not for me (apple/firefox). Related, explain what tiebreak: "chesscube" means, the number 16.89 or whatnot is not exactly clear to myself or others I have asked.

7) Increase the starting time differential between lower and higher rated players. As it stands now it is a very minor issue for higher rated players, more of a difference would make tournaments a lot more competitive, and more fun for lower rated opponents.

That said, the tournaments are indeed quite fun, kudos for the implementation of this idea and the various payouts (leaderboards, hourly, weekly, monthly, etc.) which are a nice incentive.

Having some 960 tournaments would be nice too, 2-3 mins instead of 1 though, as 1 min is pretty brutal for non-expert players who are not used to the different board setup.
<<

ratan1st

Knight

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Tournament suggestions

tao999, in the homepage, to 'go to a tournament', you can just click on the name of the tournament. And as you know, to 'join a tournament', you click the green arrow.

As for the other points, I agree with them :-D
Everybody is a genious, as long as you don't judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree. B)
<<

tao999

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 am

Also, I would suggest that anyone who doesn't reply to the doubling cube after 15 or so seconds in a bullet game (1 or 2 mins) forfeit the game automatically, as not doing so allows a player to burn all of his time and only lose the 1 point, which is unfair IMO to those who are playing at a more competitive level.
<<

ratan1st

Knight

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 am

I have another suggestions regarding tournaments, specifically, the 45 cubit bonus.

Everybody just keeps joining free tournaments for the 45cubit bonus and never even bother to play. They either get offline during that time or put the tournament at 'pause' if its a warzone. It is very annoying having to wait for such people's time to run out and also, we can't even double the game.

So, I suggest that CC should give out the bonus only after a person has completed a tournament.

P.S ---> In the IN Lunch/Dinner warzones, though 50/50 seats are filled, only a meagre 5-10 people play in the tournament.

Something should be done about this, not just in IN ( Indian ) warzones, but also in other country warzones and general ones too.
Everybody is a genious, as long as you don't judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree. B)
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 am

ratan1st wrote:I have another suggestions regarding tournaments, specifically, the 45 cubit bonus.

Everybody just keeps joining free tournaments for the 45cubit bonus and never even bother to play. They either get offline during that time or put the tournament at 'pause' if its a warzone. It is very annoying having to wait for such people's time to run out and also, we can't even double the game.

So, I suggest that CC should give out the bonus only after a person has completed a tournament.

P.S ---> In the IN Lunch/Dinner warzones, though 50/50 seats are filled, only a meagre 5-10 people play in the tournament.

Something should be done about this, not just in IN ( Indian ) warzones, but also in other country warzones and general ones too.

nice one :dance: :clap:
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages