FAQ

Best games.

<<

mikethepike

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 am

Best games.

Hi all Chesscube lovers!
I have come up with an idea - why not have a site on Chesscube where the 10 best games played on Chesscube are highlighted! and, perhaps, rewarded!
Have a highrated and well qualified person to look at the games suggested (from the players themselves, of course) and then they could be displayed on the "Best games" page!
This would give the beginners, perhaps, an opportunity to learn something too, and not only them! Besides this it would be a nice thing to watch games with some quality!
Best Regards and Greetings from mikethepike!
<<

garypastel

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Best games.

I agree with you. It should be a section of the top games of Chesscube. Maybe it should be a weekly classification.
<<

mikethepike

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi!
It should be a weekly "event"! And also perhaps a "top 10" list of games, that is 10 for each time levels - but that is only a wish! But dreams could sometimes come true... :whistle:
Best regards from mikethepike - send in some more thoughts about this subject please! It's always nice to have reactions from here and there! :violin:
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:26 am

Good day,

I see your point it would be really cool to have that, but you need to know that in chesscube there are around more than 10000 games per day. There is no way that a person will be taking a look at them and putting something like average rating of oponents to rate the game may not get the wanted good game.

I see it unviable.

Regards Xabier.
<<

mikethepike

Pawn

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Dear Xabichess!

Things will work for this "bestgames" - if there is criterias to be fullfilled!

First: The players them selves must feel it worth the effort!

Second: Therefore one have to throw a carrott - one way or another. (This have I not thought over yet, but when times comes I have always a solution!)

Third: Categories, in three steps, are necessary! They should be: 3 & 5 minutes games, 10> minute games, 15-60 minute games. (This leaves out shorter games, but they are very often played under other circumstances than "ordinary" games, much more dependent on time.)

The principle would be: a stop (per week) when 50 games have been recived for each category, and since there are three categories, it would equal 150 in total.

The thing with this is to prevent all good games, that otherwise should not have been presented and just "waisted", to be published, even if the reward for this is small. The "carrott" for this is, of course, to, somehow , be "immortilized" through general knowledge.

I think it's terrible that all the good games played here on Chess Cube, and I have seen a lot of them, never ever is analized and or commented appropriately. Beside all this, the "bestgame" page could, then, work as a developer for better games, and the advancement of chess in general! I know players with a rather low rating, mostly very young players, that would have this as a place to get inspiration for learning more about this old game.
(My guess, without any available statistics though, is that the average age for participants on Chess Cube is rather low. This is good and gives an old chap like me, hope that there still is a future for chess.)

That is my humble suggestion at least! But I know things dont come easy, but as an outcome of a process. But let's start the process and evaluate the outcome. Perhaps it works! And if not - well then we have tried at least! The "failure" in the case would be minimal...

Greetings from Mikael Therén "mikethepike" in Sweden :whistle:

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages