FAQ

[feature removed] chess cube analytics

<<

kapitsa

Pawn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

[feature removed] chess cube analytics

What happend with chess cube analytics. When I became premium for the first time, it was really helpfull, you were able to analyze your game up to the last move. But now it more than helpless. All it can - to provide you with a help in 5-7 moves.

I want to ask why and will there be any changes?
Because I really don't bother about cheaters, if someone wants to win with the help of engine I don't care. All i want - to improve my chess. And i don't care, am i playing with a computer or a real person.
But that analyzer, helped a lot. And now it's gone
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

Re: chess cube analytics

<<

iblunder

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 am

Re: [feature removed] chess cube analytics

I was also a fan of the Insight engine, and am disappointed to hear that it has been "removed". I have a couple of comments.

(1) When I signed up for Premium, this was one of the features I signed up for. Given that it's been removed, I feel a little like I've been cheated. Even without the insight engine, I still think premium membership is terrific value, but I'd have had to think a little longer before renewing my membership if I'd known the insight engine wouldn't have been with us for long.

(2) Kapitsa mentions that the system is now only good for the first few moves, where it compared with a game database. This was the case, but now I find that it doesn't help there either. Is this part of the same change? Again, a disppointing development. If it is deliberate, it rather leaves me wondering "What is the point of that second tab with it's whirling circle?"

(3) With the insight engine gone, I think it may be time for some improvements to the other features. I have some suggestions:
(i) In the Premium videos it would be good if a position we were asked to think about was the position displayed at that point. Often in AMs "How good is your chess?" videos (as well as others) we are invited to think what the next move should be. However this frequently happens when the presenter has already started exploring a sideline and we are left looking at the final position of the sideline rather than the one we are meant to be thinking about.
(ii) With "insight" gone more emphasis is placed on home analysis. This would be easier if we could download a single PGN containing multiple games, rather than having to process each game separately. To make this a really great feature, you could make the games included in the PGN dependent on user provided parameters such as date (or better between two dates), ECO code(s), player colour, opponent name, result (win, draw or loss not 1-0, 1/2-1/2, 0-1 as that means different things dependant on player colour), time control. Each of these should be optional with the ability to not limit the results by that parameter (or to choose "All").

I look forward to your response.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 pm

ChessCube has removed the best move trainer "Insight", as previously mentioned. Although the function was great, the system constantly needed to be maintained and updated more often than all our other services. Having developers spending time on functionality that 1/8 of all Premium users had made use of, instead of solely concentrating on urgent bug fixes and product updates simply did not make sense.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm

tsk tsk.. it seems that iblunder's double post had been removed together with my comment.. may I iterate my view that was lost in the deletion? forgive me admins/mods for re-posting my comment although Sean had already told us that further discussion about this should be sent to support. Because my reply was lost, it's just it feels like my freedom of speech was violated and someone shush me with a duct tape.

I can't remember what I have said earlier word for word (because I have a very low memory capacity.. *grin*) but I'll see to it that I got what I wanted to say earlier..

iblunder wrote:this was one of the features I signed up for. Given that it's been removed, I feel a little like I've been cheated.
I'm not a premium member or a VIP, but I feel your pain. I don't know how you went through when signing up for a subscription, like is there a list of features that you will enjoy throughout your subscription? I thought that CC should have at least told us in an announcement or something (correct me if I'm wrong, that there is an announcement) that a particular feature will soon phase out. In case that I subscribed for a premium membership one day because I'm excited to use the insight, and found out that the feature no longer work the next day when I woke up, I would feel the same as what iblunder feel. I think I should have the right for a refund because the feature's what they promised, that's what "I signed up for".

just my cent that was lost in the deletion.. ;]

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages