FAQ

Don't allow rematch after aborts

<<

ajax333221

Pawn

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Don't allow rematch after aborts

It doesn't make sense to me that this is possible, an abort means "I don't want to play with you".

This IS being abused (or at least they attempt to) by aborting/asking rematch when they get black pieces.

Even if their trick fail by we rejecting the rematch, we lose important time, specially if you where seeking a game with uncommon restrictions, it will make you very angry.

Thanks, both positive and negative feedback is encouraged, I would like to hear opinions from both sides.
<<

mentalplayer

Knight

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 am

Re: Don't allow rematch after aborts

Yea,mostly people abort game and rematch for two reasonss,they are one to insult and other one to choose the colour if they want white and if are given black ,they want a rematch,playing the same colour all the time is offence,also the first one is also offence,so i support your idea.
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Don't allow rematch after aborts

ajax333221 wrote:It doesn't make sense to me that this is possible, an abort means "I don't want to play with you".

Or, could be:

- (as mentioned) an attempt to choose the colour

- they might have dozed off as black, you accepted their seek ad and moved, their timer started, they woke up but saw several seconds had passed so they want another chance (= abort / rematch)

- they clicked the wrong link (perhaps they were so intimidated by your presence, they were trying to click the resign link)
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages