FAQ

BUG: Completion/Progress Bar from CC v.5.44 Change Log

<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm

BUG: Completion/Progress Bar from CC v.5.44 Change Log

Hello,

I have a weird issue with that novelty. The "Confirm" and "Profile" buttons we're ticked when I first saw it, while I can't change the status of the other steps. Thus, i can't get rid of that somewhat irritating bar at the top.
Further info: I checked with Opera and Mozilla (with downgraded Flash since i didn't change it after the browser crushes issue - perhaps thats the point?) and followed the steps on both the above-mentioned browsers to ensure that the problem wasn't purely graphical.

Please help,

regards
Kravtz
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 am

Re: BUG: Completion/Progress Bar from CC v.5.44 Change Log

Hi,

Lets trying going over this step by step.

How to remove the task bar..

You have 6 tasks to do before claiming your bonus which is +50 cubits and removing the completion/progress bar

Task #1: Play a rated game
  • click on the play tab icon and seek a rated game to finish this task. To find more info on how to play a rated game, please have a look in this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25

Task #2: Cubit game
  • Play a rated wagered game and beat your opponent to complete this task.

Task #3: Tournament
  • Participate in a tournament. For more info on how to participate and locate tournaments please follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23

Task #4: Video
  • Watch a streaming video online, inside the chesscube application, for more information on how to complete this task please refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=467

Task #5: Confirm
  • Validate your e-mail address; Access your profile and select the "Account" tab, you will find "Send validation e-mail" if you haven't validated your e-mail yet.

Task #6: Profile
  • Complete your profile in order to finish this task.

After completion of all 6 tasks, you will find green checks on each and every task, you will then be able to claim your 50 cubits bonus by clicking on the "Get bonus" to claim your cubits and close down the task bar.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I could help further
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Thank you Sansen but (lets assume for the purpose of this post that i'm a moderately intelligent being) as i mentioned initially the issue is purely mechanical.

After my yesterdays post something has evidently changed (i can change the status of the buttons by playing, playing for cubits, etc.) but alas, watching any of the ones i already rented yesterday doesnt help with checking the "video" button. Now i wonder if i have to buy a video which i cant afford? (i rented the cheap series by Andrew Martin yesterday when it made no difference).

What can I do?
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 pm

kravtz wrote:Thank you Sansen but (lets assume for the purpose of this post that i'm a moderately intelligent being) as i mentioned initially the issue is purely mechanical.

After my yesterdays post something has evidently changed (i can change the status of the buttons by playing, playing for cubits, etc.) but alas, watching any of the ones i already rented yesterday doesnt help with checking the "video" button. Now i wonder if i have to buy a video which i cant afford? (i rented the cheap series by Andrew Martin yesterday when it made no difference).

What can I do?

There is a slight bug that will be fixed soon regarding the video task. Once you have loaded up the video, and it has started playing, you will need to refresh your browser at any time thereafter in order to make the task aware that you've watched the video.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 pm

neither refresh nor whole browser restart changed the issue. i guess i'll wait for the debug
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 pm

kravtz wrote:neither refresh nor whole browser restart changed the issue. i guess i'll wait for the debug

Have you actually watched a video?
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

lol, I have!

(or am i supposed to watch all the pgns successively that are within one volume?)
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 pm

"att: Sean" ?
type it as a subject?
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:26 pm

lol, i sent it with that subject (its probably just a spelling thing).

anyway, thank you for your support Sean
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages