FAQ

Chess sets designers

<<

gamesplayer21

Pawn

Posts: 6

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Chess sets designers

Dear ChessCube,

I think it would be very useful if users could design their own chess sets. In my case, I have in mind a design that would make me a lot more concentrated when playing. ChessCube would be more popular if people could make designs of chess sets and submit them for consideration, or at least have the possibility of making chess sets for their own use exclusively.

As I unlocked several chess sets, when I started using a particular one that I liked, I noticed instant, radical improvements in my playing. Therefore, if people could create chess sets that have the chance to become available for the general public on ChessCube, the chances for more passionate playing would increase dramatically because the more chess sets ChessCube has, the more chances people have to find a particular one that they will love.

This would give ChessCube a new dimesnion of fun. Further than the fun we have when we use our reason in a chess game we would also have artistic fun.

I trust ChessCube's innovative side and I am sure that it is very aware of the importance of adding this feature, so I know that it's only a matter of time. However, more than obviously I posted this because I want this as sooon as possible!! So far I used to play 10-20 games a week. With a feature like this I would play at least 100!

Thank you,
<<

kravtz

Pawn

Posts: 41

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 am

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Chess sets designers

while considering gamesplayers' idea interesting i would like to ask whether its possible to create wallpapers for CC. i'm interested in both using them personally and being able to share them.

what does it take to admit a wallpaper to the CC store?
<<

aabkhara

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 86

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Location: Xel Naga

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:56 am

Re: Chess sets designers

gamesplayer21 wrote:...useful if users could design their own chess sets...
and CC will no longer generate income in chess sets when players decide to copy the available sets than buying them. That's what CC might think, imo.
<<

gamesplayer21

Pawn

Posts: 6

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Chess sets designers

A good point aabkhara, but with the technology we have available today, there would certainly be a variety of ways around this problem. Plagiarism is a criminal act and moderators and admins would simply delete a player's chess set if it is a copy of someone else's creation and /or ban, penalise that player.
<<

aabkhara

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 86

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

Location: Xel Naga

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Re: Chess sets designers

gamesplayer21 wrote:...moderators and admins would simply delete a player's chess set if it is a copy...
That would be an additional task for our hardworking sleep-deprived law enforcers, given that the number of accounts are increasing as we speak. Why not ask the programmers to rack their brains for a way in doing it automatically? ;]

gamesplayer21 wrote:with the technology we have available today, there would certainly be a variety of ways around this problem
yup.. and with the technology we have available today, bad persons would also have a variety of ways around their problem.. ;]

I'm not against the idea, though.. :D just pointing out challenges CC might have. Nice suggestion.. I like to see that happen.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Posts: 426

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 am

Re: Chess sets designers

Hey guys, fairly decent ideas.
We'll keep this suggestion as a possibility for a future release.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

gamesplayer21

Pawn

Posts: 6

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: Chess sets designers

aabkhara wrote: That would be an additional task for our hardworking sleep-deprived law enforcers, given that the number of accounts are increasing as we speak.


Yeah but the increasing number of accounts implies an increasing number of moderators (the larger the population of a country is, the larger the population of policemen will be), and it is a positive process that gets CC bigger and closer to having more means including those of adopting new features very easily. Who says the number of moderators shouldn't increase as long as the website gets gradually more popular?

And yeah as you say there will always be people who have the means, skills to overwhelm the website's rigourous chess set anti-copy measures and make a copy of a chess set but those people are gonna be extremely rare because if they have the means to do that they will be busy with bigger time scams. They wouldn't be toying around with this and that chess set; also, if they have the skills to break the CC barriers it means they are intelligent enough to make a good living in the IT field and have enough money to buy any chess set instead of bothering to copy them.

Thirdly, if you are that interested in a particluar chess set, it means you're very fond of CC and wouldn't like to risk to be banished from it.
<<

gamesplayer21

Pawn

Posts: 6

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Chess sets designers

Sean wrote:fairly decent ideas.
We'll keep this suggestion as a possibility for a future release.



Thank you very much Sean!

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.