FAQ

[feature request] Login in Forum Using Facebook

<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 am

[feature request] Login in Forum Using Facebook

There are times that I want to directly login in the forum without passing the play site. But I see that we can't login using Facebook in the forum. Because I'm using my FB account in CC, I can see that there's no direct button to do it.

How the Feature Would Work
  • Simply put, the user will click the [connect] button at the top of any page of the forum and will be able to put their FB email and password to login. This is just like clicking the [connect] button in the play site.
ccfreq01.png
ccfreq01.png (122.86 KiB) Viewed 797 times

More Information
  • As a workaround, in the login box, I have to click [login] without putting any username/password or click [Join now!] to display the CC register page and see that [connect] button. Only then I can put my FB login info to access my forum ucp. That costs one page load more than the ideal.
<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: [feature request] Login in Forum Using Facebook

*bump*
aabkhara wrote:That costs one page load more than the ideal.
*talking to self: no.. that costs 4 load pages in an instance when I click the [join now] that loads the registration page, click [connect] that loads the FB login page, then after clicking [login] loads the registration page where I am already logged in, and I still have to load the index page of the forum*

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages