FAQ

Disable making two requests simultaneously

<<

patti_100

Pawn

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:37 am

Disable making two requests simultaneously

I see that people press Takeback, and when you accept, it becomes a draw! It seems they are making the Takeback request and then the Draw request simultaneously. Chesscube treats the 2nd one as the final request from his side. but the Takeback request is displayed to the opponent. When he accepts the Takeback, the system Draws the game. This is a silly "feature" and should be removed. A player should not have the option of making a Draw request after a Takeback (though he can still press Resign after Takeback).
<<

albinbinoo

Post Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Disable making two requests simultaneously

patti_100 wrote:I see that people press Takeback, and when you accept, it becomes a draw! It seems they are making the Takeback request and then the Draw request simultaneously. Chesscube treats the 2nd one as the final request from his side. but the Takeback request is displayed to the opponent. When he accepts the Takeback, the system Draws the game. This is a silly "feature" and should be removed. A player should not have the option of making a Draw request after a Takeback (though he can still press Resign after Takeback).

It is not true when player allows takeback that game is drawn, those two buttons (takeback and offer draw) are close to one another, possibly you have mistaken them and clicked or approved the wrong one.
<<

patti_101

Pawn

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:46 am

Re: Disable making two requests simultaneously

> It is not true when player allows takeback that game is drawn, those two buttons (takeback and offer draw) are close to one
> another, possibly you have mistaken them and clicked or approved the wrong one.[/quote]

I don't think you have understood the issue, I am not offering a draw/takeback. When the opponent presses
the Takeback option, I get a popup where I have to either accept or reject the takeback request. When I
press "Accept", the game draws. I can only imagine that the opponent pressed Takeback and a Draw in sequence
and due to Draw request that he had already made. This has happened to me and a friend couple of times.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages