FAQ

[Feature Request] No escape matches:

<<

fbx

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:27 pm

[Feature Request] No escape matches:

An annoying trend whenever I start games with cubits on the line is people will abort if they join as black or don't like the first move of my opening. There needs to be an option called "No escape" where an opponent may not abort or disconnect at any time during the game, or they will forfeit on the spot. Furthermore, I'd like to see this feature extended with an optional 'Forced rematch" where each side gets one game as white. Again if a player tries to run without playing the 2nd game, they lose on the spot.

I
<<

bosox1275

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: [Feature Request] No escape matches:

some people might only want to play 1 game for example they need to go to work or dont want to lose the cubits they won
<<

ratan1st

Knight

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Forced rematch !? That's a feature 99% of the people wouldn't want to be introduced....deciding whether to rematch should be the player's judgement! Nobody can/shouldn't force someone into playing a rematch !

I kind of agree with the 'no escape' part though, but again, there should be an option to abort early in the game, we could enter wrong games at times and it's very useful then.
Everybody is a genious, as long as you don't judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree. B)
<<

fbx

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Hold on a sec, guys. The forced rematch idea is only an optional checkbox. This means both players would have to have it turned on. If you have it checked in your options, it prevents you from getting paired with those who do not have it set. It's just so you can be assured of not having to play rabbits.
<<

sab2009

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:34 pm

@fbx

You have my vote !

I'm sick about all those who always want to play with one colour and those who never let you a chance to get a return match.

I'll add something : the possibility to double the bet like in tournament.
<<

wfire

Pawn

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:31 am

I agree !!!!!!!!
<<

bryan

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Do not want :eusa-snooty:
<<

thinkingalot

Pawn

Post Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm

I think "no rematch" would be a nice option. Especially if implemented as a "seek" parameter (like rated/unrated, standart/960 etc).
However "no escape" is, IMHO, a bit unfair for those who just happened to click the wrong game. For me this happens quiet often since games in the seek dialog are constantly shifting up and down...
<<

superjames

Pawn

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 pm

I'd like to see the optional 'Forced rematch" feature that let me play whith people that accept playing return matches and where each side gets one game as white.
Thanks
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:57 am

If they abort too often when they're black, eventually they'll be spotted and risk being banned (might be warned first).

The first move abort option is useful for dealing with non-movers.
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
Next

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages