FAQ

I got cheated on time. :(

<<

mrgladbach10

Pawn

Post Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm

I got cheated on time. :(

I'm not trying to be critical or anything but I played a 10 sec + 1 game with someone and my opponent ran out of time after I made my move, but it didn't claim it. I had about 2 seconds left and just after his move 5 seconds after he should of ran out of time but didn't I then ran out of time myself which was totally unfair and I feel very disappointed that I should of won that game on time for that and it cost me 20 cubits. :(
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: I got cheated on time. :(

dear mr,

Before posting something old you should just try to do a little search on the matter since some people has already asked this matter. You have lost the game but it is not due to having get cheated on time it is due to the fact that you had a lag stroke of around 5-7 seconds I believe. While you are playing in chesscube, if you do play for a long time (depends on pc) you may see that your pc gets slower and needs a lot of time to open a simple window. In fact this also affects your lag in chesscube, it can affect some moves you make, by giving around 5~10 or even 20 seconds lag sometimes.

For more information about this issue you can see the politics of chesscube about lag in the next link: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35 and other post about same matter here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=682

Have a nice day everyone,

Regards Xabier.

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages