Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:42 am

Re: Commonwealth Chess Championship - 2011 Online Qualifier

but sometimes the commonwelath was cancelled :think:
<<

jeaok

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

in this thread it says you have to play in the section that corresponds to your real world rating, but what if my real world rating is U2200 and my chesscube rating is higher? it doesn't let me enter the U2200 tournaments on chesscube.
<<

mrpyaara

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:18 am

A wonderful opportunity presented by Chesscube!!! :violin:
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 am

trebbor wrote:i m looking forward to play , but why unfair handicap system is involved again , really there is no point, and warzone style where you dont need to face direct rivals in order to win???? Whats the purpose of such system , just dont tell me "anyone can win". and by the way I got one more question there is no limit for B section how low rated player can be in order to join, for example 1200 could easilly win b section but can have trouble in c section that isnt sane mind logic.
I suggest 1900 to be lower limit.

If I'm correct, the unfair handicap system you may be referring to is the Points handicap system. This is only effective in the C-Section (max 1800), where it levels the playing field for all entrants in this section, by awarding lower rated players with more points for beating a higher rated player, and vice versa. Section-A and Section-B do not have the points handicap enabled. The reason there is no minimum ratings in all sections is because anyone is open to play in them, and moreover, we have requested that users join the section which corresponds to their real world rating. You might find a ChessCube user with a 1900 rating, where their real world rating is 1100.

albinbinoo wrote:Great event but I dont like hendicep system. I have been playing many hendicep tournaments here, and I never seen strong player winning hendicep system tournament or being even close, you say purpose of hendicep is to give chance everybody to win, well this is game of chess, in which should not be lottery involved. But I stress out maybe hendicep would be ok if it was not abused so often, I met so many lower rated players then me in WR hendicep, I am 1850 CC, and they were playing on very high level and plus points hendicep system worked for them beautifully. Never the less this is great event and initiative from CC, but as I said I am bit concerned about hendicep system, it is simply not fair and it is being abused in large scale.

levlandau wrote:I by myself think that it's not worthwhile to create different series, because of ease of cheating. It costs nothing for a 2000+ player to register another account and win everyone in 1800- championship.

ChessCube will be monitoring the games played by tournament entrants, and will immediately disqualify and ban the account once cheating is detected. Additionally, ALL winners will have their games verified for all cheat types (engine use, sandbagging etc), and should a user be found guilty of cheating, they will forfeit their prize, which will be moved to the next user in the standings (provided that user has not cheated in any way or form too). Finally, all winners are required to provide ChessCube with proof of their identity for verification purposes.

jeaok wrote:in this thread it says you have to play in the section that corresponds to your real world rating, but what if my real world rating is U2200 and my chesscube rating is higher? it doesn't let me enter the U2200 tournaments on chesscube.

You're able to play in the A-section (Open). If you find yourself playing a higher rated opponent, you will be given a time advantage in the game.

Thanks for your comments and questions thus far.

-Sean
<<

levlandau

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:57 pm

when will a level 3 tournament start?
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Level 3 events start at 6PM GMT/UTC daily..

Thanks
-Sean
<<

truebletime

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

just two questions.. why the difference beetwen class A, B , C? I Don´t understand which is the difference.
And, this commonwealth Tourney is a recognized tournament or is just a chess cube tourney?

Thanks

Truebletime
<<

AAA_VeNoM

Bishop

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:18 pm

truebletime wrote:just two questions.. why the difference beetwen class A, B , C? I Don´t understand which is the difference.
And, this commonwealth Tourney is a recognized tournament or is just a chess cube tourney?

Thanks

Truebletime

Hi Truebletime,

Players will be able to compete in three Sections:
A = Open to all
B = Under 2200 Rating.
C = Under 1800 Rating.

2011 Commonwealth & South African Open Chess Championships is a recognized tourney.

Chesscube will be sponsoring The winner of each Section with:
- Free entry into the tournament
- Accommodation at the 4-star Peermont Mondior
hotel for the duration of the event
- $1,500 in cash towards flights & expenses
*Terms & Conditions apply.

Read the topic carefully for details please.
Always at your service.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:24 pm

It's not a tournament that will affect your real world rating, its a qualifier event on ChessCube, where the winners of each section will win the prizes sponsored by ChessCube.
<<

levlandau

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:29 pm

So there is only 1 tournament 3 each day?
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Promotional Tournaments