FAQ

Commonwealth Chess Championship - 2011 Online Qualifier

<<

smartypants

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Re: Commonwealth Chess Championship - 2011 Online Qualifier

There is some confusion, am i right in thinking if you win a level 3 event you get a ticket for the final and do not have to pay 200 crowns? Or even with a ticket do we still have to pay? X0(

thanks
<<

whiteking

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm

I have fide rating of 2353.I played first 2 levels in group A and got 3rd level ticket.But the Group A 3rd level tournament cancelled becausoe of lack of players so i played in level 3 of group B and i got 6th place and a blank ticket
Now Do I need to play all level's of group A again or I will get the direct entry to the finals in open section with blank ticket.(Please note: I want to play in Finals of GROUP A)
<<

dinin

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:00 pm

I ve just won a ticket in Commonwealth B Day 1. Does this mean that that I will be able to play in the finals on April 3? Actually I ve won two tickets yesterday as well but I ve used them to play again. I am sorry but I don't really get how this works, please explain if possible. Thanks
<<

dinin

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Ok I just discovered that my ticket says on it: Commonwealth finals Level 1. So what does that mean exactly? Is it refering to April 3 or some other sort of finals before that. Sorry but I am really confused.
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 pm

smartypants wrote:There is some confusion, am i right in thinking if you win a level 3 event you get a ticket for the final and do not have to pay 200 crowns? Or even with a ticket do we still have to pay? X0(

thanks

Having a ticket from level 3, exempts you from paying the entry fee for the final round. Each section has its unique tickets.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 pm

dinin wrote:Ok I just discovered that my ticket says on it: Commonwealth finals Level 1. So what does that mean exactly? Is it refering to April 3 or some other sort of finals before that. Sorry but I am really confused.

It means you have a ticket for the finals which is on April 3. Depending on which section you got the ticket for, either A, B, or C.
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 pm

whiteking wrote:I have fide rating of 2353.I played first 2 levels in group A and got 3rd level ticket.But the Group A 3rd level tournament cancelled becausoe of lack of players so i played in level 3 of group B and i got 6th place and a blank ticket
Now Do I need to play all level's of group A again or I will get the direct entry to the finals in open section with blank ticket.(Please note: I want to play in Finals of GROUP A)

Hi,

Section A tickets differ from Section B tickets, you cannot use a ticket won in Section A and use it in section B. Everyday has its own events, meaning you cannot use a ticket won in day 1 in day 2. You will however need to play all levels again to acquire these tickets.

Having won a ticket in level 3 of Section B, makes you eligible to use that ticket for the finals of Section B and not Section A.
<<

levlandau

Pawn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Good evening. Today I won Commonwealth Finals ticket. Does this mean that i don't need to play in tomorrow tourney?
Will anything change if i would have a lot of tickets to final.

How many final tourney will it be? In case of one, can someone announce exact date?
<<

whiteking

Pawn

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 am

Sansen wrote:
whiteking wrote:I have fide rating of 2353.I played first 2 levels in group A and got 3rd level ticket.But the Group A 3rd level tournament cancelled becausoe of lack of players so i played in level 3 of group B and i got 6th place and a blank ticket

Hi,

Section A tickets differ from Section B tickets, you cannot use a ticket won in Section A and use it in section B. Everyday has its own events, meaning you cannot use a ticket won in day 1 in day 2. You will however need to play all levels again to acquire these tickets.

Having won a ticket in level 3 of Section B, makes you eligible to use that ticket for the finals of Section B and not Section A.

Thanks for your reply.But just think is it my mistake that the level 3 of group A tournament canceled?
I mean What if same thing happens today? You should seriously think about that.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Everyone..

Just to clear up some confusion:

This is the Tournament structure per section:

Daily Tournament Level 1 -> Daily Tournament Level 2 -> Daily Tournament Level 3 -> Final.
If you have won a ticket in a Level 1 event, you may enter Level 2 at no charge.
If you have won a ticket in a Level 2 event, you may enter the 6PM GMT/UTC Level 3 event at no charge.
If you win a ticket in the Daily Level 3 event, you may enter the FINAL at no charge.

Notes:
* Level 3 (the daily tournament for all sections at 6PM GMT/UTC) is not the Final.
* Each ticket to the next level is available for that day only. You cannot, for example, use a ticket you've won in a level 2 event to enter level 3 the next day. If you were not able to play in the Level 3 daily event or you did not win a ticket, you would either need to purchase your entry into a level of your choice, or start from Level 1 again.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,
Sean
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Promotional Tournaments