FAQ

Why Chesscube will IMHO not survive the next months

<<

gerchess1

Pawn

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 am

Why Chesscube will IMHO not survive the next months

chess sites are a very tough business. Only a few sites will survive competition. And I fear chesscube will not be among them. This has several reasons.

Firstly and most important: other sites were by far better in attracting paying members. But Chesscube has always been the home of players mainly from india, indonesia, philipinnes etc. and they cannot afford to buy a membership. Why management never tried to change that? A nice gui is one thing, but without enough marketing nobody sees that.. This leads to point nr. 2. Secondly: bad management! What shall premium members who have just bought a premium membership for 40 bucks or so (like I did for example) think if the management offers the same membership two weeks later for 30 bucks. And 4 weeks later for 20 bucks. But even that did not help chesscube, even at the most discounted price thinkable this site did not attract paying members. While xxx (name of the biggest chess site) has nowadays tenthousands of paying members and even xxx (name of a german chess site) has tousands of paying members, chesscube has a ridiculous percentage of people who pay for the service. There are not more then several hundreds of paying members on chesscube and thats not enough for professionell service! Thirdly: the mods. Nearly anbody who wanted to become a mod, got the job. With all the consequences. I have never seen so many wrong decisions like here on chesscube (just this week they banned without prewarning one of the biggest chesscube-donators!..)

I am quite sure that Chesscube will not survive the next months. Sad for a site that once has been financed by a venture fond for the amount of 1,8 million dollars!
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:39 am

Re: Why Chesscube will IMHO not survive the next months

There's a German chess site? Wow! I never knew that.

The site will survive as long as the rent's being paid, through donation or memberships. I think the site started with a gigantic disadvantage (nearly $2,000,000 donated), so for years there has been no incentive to settle into a profitable, customer oriented business model.

But now that money's running low, hopefully the site will turn itself around, look at revising its operating principles and learn to attract paying customers.
:auto-sportbike:
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

konstantino07

Bishop

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm

gerchess1 wrote:chess sites are a very tough business. Only a few sites will survive competition. And I fear chesscube will not be among them. This has several reasons.

Firstly and most important: other sites were by far better in attracting paying members. But Chesscube has always been the home of players mainly from india, indonesia, philipinnes etc. and they cannot afford to buy a membership. Why management never tried to change that? A nice gui is one thing, but without enough marketing nobody sees that.. This leads to point nr. 2. Secondly: bad management! What shall premium members who have just bought a premium membership for 40 bucks or so (like I did for example) think if the management offers the same membership two weeks later for 30 bucks. And 4 weeks later for 20 bucks. But even that did not help chesscube, even at the most discounted price thinkable this site did not attract paying members. While xxx (name of the biggest chess site) has nowadays tenthousands of paying members and even xxx (name of a german chess site) has tousands of paying members, chesscube has a ridiculous percentage of people who pay for the service. There are not more then several hundreds of paying members on chesscube and thats not enough for professionell service! Thirdly: the mods. Nearly anbody who wanted to become a mod, got the job. With all the consequences. I have never seen so many wrong decisions like here on chesscube (just this week they banned without prewarning one of the biggest chesscube-donators!..)

I am quite sure that Chesscube will not survive the next months. Sad for a site that once has been financed by a venture fond for the amount of 1,8 million dollars!

i am sure it will survive. what about mods, see this pls :http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26
ready to join chesscube? just click her and get rewarded! http://www.chesscube.com/register/?refe ... stantino07
<<

saikiran1651

Bishop

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 am

no u r wrong in somany ways

Return to General Chess Discussion