FAQ

No longer time control tournaments?

<<

iron_lee

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 pm

No longer time control tournaments?

I couldn't find the answer to this, so if anyone knows; Why is there no longer time control (15min+) tournaments? I want to play tournaments but I really don't like blitz.
I know some of the reasons might be they take too long, or that longer time controls are not popular enough, But I don't really know. :S I think there would be enough people who want to play these to justify having them.
Anyone?
<<

babasaheb

Bishop

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: No longer time control tournaments?

There are 15/0 & longer game tournaments on this site, BUT, they are very hard to find (and lists of them become outdated).

There's one on just now ( 15/0 "Freestyle 3", 8-64 entrants, has 19 at the moment; 50 cubits to enter for 3 prizes totalling 225 cubits) it may recur at this day & time. Keep note of any others you spot and create your own schedule. I think there's a daily 20 minute tournament that starts about 4 hours earlier then this post's time, on weekdays.

:auto-sportbike:
Ready to join chesscube? Click: http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=babasaheb

( Members have been blocked from seeing my Chat room, tourney Chat & game Chat since March 6, 2013 )
<<

iron_lee

Pawn

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 am

Re: No longer time control tournaments?

Yes I did see that actually, I played in one 15 minute one so far and I saw the 20 minute one (but it was over), and I am keeping my eyes open for it to pop up again... Thanks! :clap:

Return to General Chess Discussion