FAQ

What happens if your oponent does not make a move?

<<

vacationbill

Pawn

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm

<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 am

Re: What happens if your oponent does not make a move?

Hi,

If your opponent hasn't moved in the first two moves, you could simply abort the game at no cost. If however, your opponent stops moving mid-way you will need to wait for the time to expire.

Just a note, if you believe your opponent is being abusive i.e. stops moving when in lost position purposely, you could click on the "report abuse" link found below the in-game chat, and the reason chosen would be "Opponent not moving".

Several reports regarding a particular user in committing such behavior will have chesscube act accordingly.

Thanks
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

brucelee18

Pawn

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 am

So if people quit and stops moving during a game because they are about to lose(checkmate next turn) they can actually be punished? Next I got a question about the same thing but different senario. What about people that lose there queens and quit moving after that? I play many games where people mess up and lose the queen and quit moving/let time run out. I know its chess and I should be happy with extra ratings and wins. But kind of annoying to play longer games like 15 minutes and wait 10 minutes each game cause of a sore loser. So I had to go to 1 minute games. Which are really fun.
<<

rabittrun

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:51 pm

(6) I agree its really unsporting behaviour which should not be found in real chess players. I think you just hit on that report abuse link, ChessCube guys will have to handle that guy based on a number of reported abuse, if I am not mistaken you have a space to add your comments in your own words as to what happened in that case.

Return to General Chess Discussion