FAQ

Fighting Sandbagger

<<

ccube007

Pawn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Fighting Sandbagger

So far, I feel that ChessCube (CC) is not putting up enough effort in fighting sandbaggers. I think CC should have a forum to allow member to post games that they suspect sandbagging. The game should be posted <15min after it was played. Weak moves that are played purposely can be identified for throwing the game. Once a total of n (to be determined by CC) games were identified, he will be banned.

Regards
<<

gmcarpio

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: Fighting Sandbagger

ultimate chess lover, hobbyist musician and a C-Sharper (C#) (")(o_o)(")
my world : http://jlc86-music.blogspot.com
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

ccube007 wrote:So far, I feel that ChessCube (CC) is not putting up enough effort in fighting sandbaggers. I think CC should have a forum to allow member to post games that they suspect sandbagging. The game should be posted <15min after it was played. Weak moves that are played purposely can be identified for throwing the game. Once a total of n (to be determined by CC) games were identified, he will be banned.

Regards

We've recently introduced rating floors that will curb most sandbagging. If you suspect a player who seems "clean" on the surface is sandbagging, report them to [email protected] - who will be able to check other usernames of that user - compare ratings/games and make a decision from there.

Whining about it without reporting is somewhat useless. As much as we put prevention measures into our software, it's ultimately the users who control what actions they take on ChessCube. We rely on both ChessCube Moderators and the general community to report such users, and to keep ChessCube a happy community.

Thanks,
-Sean
<<

ccube007

Pawn

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 pm

yes. the rating floor is a good effort. but I do observe that some players who are already hitting the floor limit keep losing on purpose. anything can be done about it?
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

If they're losing on purpose, it's not going to mean much to them, as they cannot lose anymore. We are implementing functionality that will prevent points donation by means of flooring and transferring with no penalty, more on this soon.

Thanks,
Sean

Return to Chess Game Analysis