FAQ

Why Stalemate a Draw?

<<

t64sc_dinobot

Pawn

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:40 am

Why Stalemate a Draw?

Hi chess friends, ladies and gentlemen. I am just wondering about this question? You may think that this is a kind of a joke or illogical way of my thinking. I believe that chess is like a real life "war" where there are two oppositions attacking each other's Kingdom. If you kill (or checkmate in chess) the enemy King then the war is in favor of the winning King. When stalemate happens, even though a player who has more pieces even I make some exaggeration, like for example thousands of pieces are there on the board. If stalemate happens is a draw. It's really confusing that in a real war if you have only one man standing against these thousands of enemies, then who wins? That is why there are lots of draws worldwide because of stalemate. If we change a little bit about stalemate, we may decrease drawing chances. That's all just wondering. :clap:
<<

johncenaa

Rook

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Why Stalemate a Draw?

t64sc_dinobot wrote:Hi chess friends, ladies and gentlemen. I am just wondering about this question? You may think that this is a kind of a joke or illogical way of my thinking. I believe that chess is like a real life "war" where there are two oppositions attacking each other's Kingdom. If you kill (or checkmate in chess) the enemy King then the war is in favor of the winning King. When stalemate happens, even though a player who has more pieces even I make some exaggeration, like for example thousands of pieces are there on the board. If stalemate happens is a draw. It's really confusing that in a real war if you have only one man standing against these thousands of enemies, then who wins? That is why there are lots of draws worldwide because of stalemate. If we change a little bit about stalemate, we may decrease drawing chances. That's all just wondering. :clap:

But chess pieces are not thousand mans or a single man..And in chess,there are only 64 squares and there cannot be thousands of pieces..!! :P By the way,if the person who has only king has no moves,then he cant do anything so thats stalemate..!!! Please know about stalemate here

Thanks
Learn Chess From GrandMaster - http://rcaofficialpartner.blogspot.com/ . I teach beginners at chesscube.If you have any questions please contact me..!!Here is my website here and my youtube chess channel here
<<

t64sc_dinobot

Pawn

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Why Stalemate a Draw?

:-d I know and knew the rules of chess... But still it doesn't make sense about stalement. A king has no where to go once it moves --- it should be dead but the rules says draw. I may exaggerate thousands of people in a 64 squares but it makes sense when 2 vs 1 or 16 vs 1 if stalemate it's draw. I know what you want to prove but you should know too what i want to prove. Thanks anyway... :-P

Return to Philippines