FAQ

ChessCube server move scheduled for the coming week

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

ChessCube server move scheduled for the coming week

At ChessCube we aim to give our users the best online chess experience on the web, however, recently - as many of you have noticed - the ISP/data house in the UK that had we selected last year for hosting our servers has had many outages, forcing downtime and frequent disconnections from our server for many of our users.

We've therefore decided to move our servers to a much more reliable server host in Germany.

The move is currently happening as you read this, and should be complete by approximately by Tuesday, January 24.

Here's the process that ChessCube will go through during next week, from Monday, in the simplest way I can put it =d:
1) While we shut the site down, some games might not be logged to your game history - and XP rewards may be delayed.
2) The site will go down, and there will be no ChessCube.com .
3) After a while, we will bring the site up, and there will be a website called ChessCube.com.
4) You can log in and play during this time, however you will not see your historical Stats/Game History.
5) While the site is being restored, your game history/stats/XP/Cubit balances will gradually be brought back to your profile within a few days.

I hope this helps with any questions you might have regarding the move, or what will happen once we're at our new data house.

Thanks for hanging in there and supporting us through our server outages - believe me, we are just as frustrated with these outages as you are - if not more! We will continue to do what we can to ensure server stability, so we appreciate your continued support while we fix things.

See you on the other side!

Regards,
-The ChessCube Team
<<

johncenaa

Rook

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: ChessCube server move scheduled for the coming week

Thanks for announcing.I thank the Chesscube team for this kind announcement and betterment of server.Hope that the post answers many of the possible questions from the cubers.Once again,thank you so much..!!
Learn Chess From GrandMaster - http://rcaofficialpartner.blogspot.com/ . I teach beginners at chesscube.If you have any questions please contact me..!!Here is my website here and my youtube chess channel here
<<

Nirmittt

Queen

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Hope I don't lag a lot with this new server move... Thanks sean for the info. Good Luck
<<

lou_francis

Pawn

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm

hope that there will be no more connection problem next time...
thank you.. ^^
<<

kirgar

Pawn

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 pm

yeah thx for info.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:44 am

Good day,

Thanks a lot for the infor Sean, I hope that we can get back to normal and get no more lag strokes on the new server. I wish you luck with the new servers Sean. At work we too have our servers on Germany and they have been really reliable for all the time I have been working there. I hope it is equaly reliable here.

Good luck.

Regards Xabier.
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:46 am

xabichess wrote:Good day,

Thanks a lot for the infor Sean, I hope that we can get back to normal and get no more lag strokes on the new server. I wish you luck with the new servers Sean. At work we too have our servers on Germany and they have been really reliable for all the time I have been working there. I hope it is equaly reliable here.

Good luck.

Regards Xabier.

Thanks Xab..
<<

handicapedboy

Pawn

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 am

yo sean is there any chance of posting games to facebook through facebook accounts?
will the problem be solved on the new server?
thanks in advance
<<

jbsmack

Pawn

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:22 am

More power chesscube and to all the people who maintains the site. Keep it up! :D
<<

AlvaroMCA

Pawn

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:55 am

IM SCARED.....

THERE WONT BE CC!!!!!

2012 profecy is beggining :dance:
Next

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News