FAQ

Vote for your favorite themed room!

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Vote for your favorite themed room!

Hey everyone!

We've been thinking - and when we think, we usually come up with some pretty cool ideas.
The last thinking session we had spawned not only an idea - but also a granted feature request you've been sending out - a new themed room.

So - we've opened up the voting to you.. and the most popular request will be added to ChessCube!

Room Nominations:

- Long games room - To discuss and find opponents who play 15 mins or longer
- Chess Legends room - To discuss Fischer, Kasparov, Tal, Alekhine etc - their games, their style, their legendary status!
- Fantasy room - Not sure why this was nominated or what the idea is, but I guess its for any sort of chat for.. fantasies? :D
- Singles room -A quote from the user who suggested it: "For all Cubers who are single and ready to mingle". Hmm. OK then. =D
- Chess Trivia room - For everyone who wants to challenge others to chess knowledge, facts and other fun trivia stuff.

That's much pretty much it.

To be fair to everyone - we'll keep voting open until next Friday (23 September) at 3PM GMT. One vote per individual - so no multi-posts with various usernames please! Also, this is not a thread to request a country room. You can find that here.

Thanks!
-Sean
<<

Leronik

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Vote for your favorite themed room!

I vote for Singles Room, it has nothing with chess but i am sure that it will be interesting. Chess and love, why not ...
<<

marilize

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Singles room got my vote :D
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 pm

long games room------>very few ppl play 15 min or longer and can be included it in chess chat,,so waste
singles room------------>we cant find beautiful girls as singles who are ready to mingle,,,so waste
chesslegendsroom--------->will be crowded for first few days and will remain users less room after all the discussion is over
fantasyroom---->lol looks more stupid,,
and another one also didnt sounded great
why not this room having half for chat and half for picture,,,,and picture contains a random chess posistion,,,which will be changed for every 5 mins and ppl will dicuss about that posisition,,,comment plz :D
<<

profedelmate

Pawn

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 am

I likeFantasy room :) and Chess Legends room :-d :happy-wavemulticolor:
<<

theprincess

Pawn

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 pm

long games room could be good idea to find user who play long games and who don't know how work the grafic and new users who love play blitz
<<

rrancho

Pawn

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I think You dont really need a room to discuss about chess players like Kasparov etc.
Fantasy Room ? lol that would be a private chat business .Singles room ? this is a chess site ,isn't it ? so lets stick to chess .So my vote would go to "long games room " as there are many users i see complain about not finding players who play long games viz 15 minute and more ...
as players come to this site to play chess and to chat with other users it would be convenient enough to create a room where you can find people who play long games and can chat as well.That would be a mix of chess and chat.
The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed
<<

emapo

Pawn

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I think there should be room thematic openings of different defenses ......This would be great!!
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Now we will have to direct users who say "Any hot girls here?" in cube cafe to the singles room.
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:34 am

sansen can we find u in singles room? :-d
Next

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News