FAQ

My message to you - from Sean

<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:55 am

My message to you - from Sean

Hello Cubers :)

As a quick introduction, I'm Sean - the Community and Operations Manager at ChessCube.com.
I'm writing this forum post as a very important message to you!

I've been monitoring the forums, reading your chats in our chat rooms online, and following reports coming into our support system, and it seems to be that many users are unhappy with the 12 Cubit game charge for non-VIP members.

A brief history into the game charge: We really needed the support of our users to help ChessCube financially, and our users answered by generously purchasing Cubits, VIP memberships, and by sending donations to us. Having the 12 Cubit game charge provided a steady income to keep ChessCube's servers paid, and to provide ongoing support to our users. We really are grateful to everyone that has helped us during this time.

My main concern of course, is that of our users. If the users are unhappy about the game charge, something needs to be done. And I want something to be done.

As of today - July 23, 2015, at 2PM GMT/UTC, I'm going to remove the 12 Cubit game fee for non-VIP members. I will keep it this way until July 31, 2015 around the same time.

But I really need your help! I need you all to take massive advantage of this!
Play as many games as you like. Invite all your friends back to ChessCube. I want to show the owners of ChessCube that our users will have a better ChessCube experience if we had free games again. If the data shows that you will play more games, and that your friends who have gone to other chess sites are willing to give us a second chance with our free games, we will drop the 12 Cubit game charge completely in the (near) future :).

If you have 10 minutes with nothing to do during this time, log on ChessCube and play a game. If you are talking to a friend that has left ChessCube - let them know that games are free this week and will very likely be free again afterwards, if you show that you enjoy ChessCube more this way.

I can make sure that games will be free on ChessCube again, but I need your help.. so I'm asking you all to please support me in this quest :)

Also - if you could complete this 3 question survey about free games, that would be very helpful in my quest to get games free for you again!

Remember, this is a trial period for 7 days, and once I have the data, I will pass it on to start the discussion to make games free again :)

Also, ChessCube Moderator "Nirmittt" (owner of Nirmit's 960 Cafe) will be rewarding the top 20 users on the Leaderboards for most games played once the promotion is over. Get more information on this in Nirmit's 960 Cafe.

Thanks, and have a very happy end to I Love ChessCube month!
(There's some excellent specials and promotions running this week too, have a look here :))

P.S. - I'm changing the log in bonus from today to 250 Cubits for the rest of the month, just to give you a bigger incentive to play. Also, non-VIP members will get 2X their usual XP rewards, and VIP members will get 5X XP for the week ;)

====UPDATE====
As of today, 31 July - the 0 Cubit fee will apply to ALL types of games, including Wagered games. This promotion will run all the way through August 7, 2015.

What this means is, a wagered game that used to cost non-VIP members 40 Cubits to play, will now cost 28 Cubits, as it is for VIP members.
Show Host at A Knight With Us Podcast with Brankica, Dimebar123 and Kiara36. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. **Please do not PM me - use our Support email instead**.

<<

Nirmittt

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Re: My message to you - from Sean

This is very exciting news for all of us.
Thanks Sean :dance:
<<

zaveric

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Very good news actually :shifty:
<<

fischerrxf7

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (h) (h) (h) :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
<<

boogle

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:01 pm

:dance: thanks!
<<

gigistefan

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Be kind with us, chess-cubers administrators!
All ours thank's for! :clap:
<<

sampath253

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Excellente !!! :clap:
<<

gowravbhat

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you very much..... :dance:
<<

tinusgutten

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:11 pm

What can I say? Super!!! ;-)
<<

krishna7576

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

its very good. its boon for chess cube. i will definitely inform to all my friends. we r with u .

krishna reddy a
dhanush reddy a
Next

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News