Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: ChessCube V6.25 changelog

awesome!!!!
<<

parasocks

Pawn

Post Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Plleeeeease, someone pleeeeease listen to me.

Chesscube needs a sound for "check". When you're in check, my computer should say "check!"

Incredibly basic and useful feature that's frustratingly absent, especially for bullet players (which is the majority of Chesscube...)

Babaschess even has a 10 second countdown where a human voice says "10, 9, 8, 7" etc. Not asking for that.. But c'mon.. A sound for CHECK! :D
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 pm

parasocks wrote:Plleeeeease, someone pleeeeease listen to me.

Chesscube needs a sound for "check". When you're in check, my computer should say "check!"

Incredibly basic and useful feature that's frustratingly absent, especially for bullet players (which is the majority of Chesscube...)

Babaschess even has a 10 second countdown where a human voice says "10, 9, 8, 7" etc. Not asking for that.. But c'mon.. A sound for CHECK! :D

Or maybe you could just look at the position? :D
I personally would be annoyed with a "check" sound. 90% of others may agree.
<<

parasocks

Pawn

Post Fri May 18, 2012 12:22 am

So a "click" sound for EVERY move doesn't annoy you, but the odd time you're in check making a sound would annoy you? hrmmm? :) It could be optional.

Also "look at the position" is fine and all, but I play mostly 10 second 960 games.. It's not always easy. Many times I only realize when the move I'm making is illegal, and I'm sure "90%" of 10 second players would agree with me. How many times are you wondering why the move isn't legal, only to realize you're in check halfway across the board.

Does it annoy you when a person in real OTB chess says "check" when you're in check? This is standard stuff from hundreds of years of play. It's normal to say "check" as a courtesy when playing OTB chess, so why can't this software extend the same courtesy?

Why have the click sound for every move? Because it's an audio aid that helps us play. Your look at the position argument could be made there as well, that we should watch for every move. Why highlight the last move? etc. These little aids help us play chess better.

Love that you've fixed tournaments by the way, I just played my first tournament under 6.25 and it went much smoother than it normally would have. Much appreciated.

PS: I often mention this to my opponents after a loss, because I used my last 2-3 seconds wondering why I couldn't make the move I was making, not seeing I was in check. Almost every person I ever said this to has agreed with me that it's a missing feature. So before you dismiss this as something you personally wouldn't like, consider the larger community. I've never once heard your argument from a player I mentioned this to in chat.
<<

billy_t

Pawn

Post Fri May 18, 2012 2:19 am

a great leap. . . . thanks for the info!
<<

darkthunder

Pawn

Post Fri May 18, 2012 5:20 am

:violin:
†hµñÐêrêr
<<

jezly_suan_g

Pawn

Post Fri May 18, 2012 6:29 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :-P ok ok
<<

vytenis

Pawn

Post Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm

- Removed the ability for users to select a color preference for games...

Oh no!
<<

neev

Pawn

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:13 am

when desktop applications launched? because it is very expensive bandwich in Indonesia. when i am using browser, a lot bandwich is gone,,. so please louncing the dekstop aplication :pray:
<<

iroshan

Pawn

Post Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 am

awesome awesome awesome :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance:
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News