<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:40 pm

ChessCube V6 Launched!

ChessCube Version 6 has been launched!

http://www.chesscube.com/play/beta/

Main Changes:
  • Friends bar moved from the bottom of the application - and added as a friends list on the left panel (Big request from the ChessCube Community). Your friends can be sorted by rating, Tournament rating, Level and alphabetically. Managing friends is much easier than before.
  • Application buttons have been moved to the top left of the application, as with ChessCube V4.
  • Added the message bar in place of the friends bar, lots of useful information will be added to this system, keeping you updated with what your buddies are doing, which tournaments are coming up, and when you can get free goodies =D
  • Your ChessCube Menu: Accessed by clicking on your avatar in the top of the page, to the right of your name. Log out has been moved to this section.

Have feedback? Let us know via replies here, or through [email protected]

Thanks!
-Sean
<<

ratan1st

Knight

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

Re: ChessCube V6 Launched!

My feedback as you already know -

Can we have an option to minimize the menu below just like in V5. Or maybe keep the menu to the right...
Everybody is a genious, as long as you don't judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree. B)
<<

antimacassar

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm

ratan1st wrote:My feedback as you already know -

Can we have an option to minimize the menu below just like in V5. Or maybe keep the menu to the right...

Yes, I second this proposal (although I think it is refereed to as the announcement box!?)...it is distracting when you are playing games...if you really want to put it there then maybe you could have an option that can minimize it during games. I think one of the best things about chesscube is the option to have a really nice big playing screen with no distractions, so I am afraid this update is a downdate in my eyes (although I have to say that apart from this it does look much better). Cheers anyway!

Bob
<<

phew

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Nice update ChessCube!!

Though I think, a lot of space on the circumference is getting wasted.

Personally, I would love to view a bigger chat/play interface...was of less strain to my eyes.

I hope I have an option to get back to version 5, if I find the new version to be too stressful.

Once again, quite heartening to see CC is continuously working on a more user friendly interface.
<<

mas4ever

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:00 pm

antimacassar wrote:

Yes, I second this proposal (although I think it is refereed to as the announcement box!?)...it is distracting when you are playing games...if you really want to put it there then maybe you could have an option that can minimize it during games. I think one of the best things about chesscube is the option to have a really nice big playing screen with no distractions, so I am afraid this update is a downdate in my eyes (although I have to say that apart from this it does look much better). Cheers anyway!

Bob

I agree with them . that box is annoying plz allow players to minimize it
<<

aabkhara

Knight

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Sean wrote:Have feedback? Let us know via replies here
err.. I thought I posted my reply here.. (hmm.. my reply had been separated from this thread.. I don't know why. I hope mods could just add a note or something.) Here's my reply: in another thread.
<<

casiusii

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm

antimacassar wrote:I think one of the best things about chesscube is the option to have a really nice big playing screen with no distractions

I agree in general with them, at least we need an option to minimize it while we're playing a game.

Cheers!
<<

olechos

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:40 pm

That new version is somehow strange. I must click many times to chat with my friend. Please do something to make that easy. :think: Maybe some kind of panel with friends online?
Spring, word, light, human.
<<

intersweat

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

mas4ever wrote:
antimacassar wrote:

Bob

I agree with them . that box is annoying plz allow players to minimize it

I concur. We can no longer browse between rooms without going into full screen. In full screen we can't type into rooms. It makes no sense.

Intersweat

Later edit... Just to confirm the issue for me is resolved when using chrome. Mozilla on vista looks squashed at the bottom. The black box sits right over the rooms/games and only home is available in small screen. Would still prefer to use Mozilla.
<<

akronym

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Same here! Please make the option available to minimize the bar at the bottom...
Next

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News