FAQ

June 29 - July 2 2011 - Quiz

<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 pm

June 29 - July 2 2011 - Quiz

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce an opportunity for non VIP members to have a chance in winning a month of free membership. :clap:

Play your unlimited games with ease without having to worry about not having enough cubits. :dance: :dance:

I'd like to let the none VIP members have a feeling of what the VIP membership is like.

So I'm introducing this 20 questions quiz, in which I will reward the top 3 scorers with a month of VIP membership. :angelic-flying: :angelic-flying:

Please send me your answers through PM. This quiz will last from June 29 - July 2.

Have a chance in participating in the ChessCube World Cup II (CCWC2)

Rules:

• You can use any search engine you would like to find your answers
  • Only non-VIP members are allowed to join this quiz
  • Answers should be sent to me through PM memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=75 Click on "Send private message"
  • You are not allowed to send me the quiz more than once from a different account that you own
  • You are not a VIP member on any of your other accounts if you have more than one account

Winners will be announced in this thread.

1) Which world champ (WC) has been seen coming to a tournament with a tennis racquet and shorts?

2) Which WC died and was found with a 3in beef lodged in his throat?

3) Which GM trained to be a singer and ended up as a WC?

4) Who is the famous WC who believes that standing on the head (and therefore increasing blood flood to the brain) helps in playing better chess?

5) Which famous GM fathered a twin at the age of 78?

6) What is the name of the chess goddess?

7) How many times has Alexei Shirov gotten married and how tall is he?

8) What is the name of Kasparov newest wife?

9) GM Aronian got into a fist fight with an English GM over a WIM a few years ago. Who is this WIM?

10) "This is the first and the last game you will ever play with me", a famous GM frustrating said to one of the Polgar sisters, when he lost on time in a blitz game. Who is this GM?

11) Which famous GM attempted to do a takeback in a blitz game against ex WWC Kosteniuk?

12) Which famous WC thought for many many minutes only to miss mate in 1 , and, btw, how tall is he?

13) Which famous GM thought for 1 hour before making his first move?

14) Who is this Israel GM who met a girl online on a chess server and ended up marrying her and moving to the US?

15) Israel GM Boris Gelfand is a very good friend of which Russian GM?

16) Which famous Hungarian GM had to swim for his dear life as he was being fired at by soldiers?

17) How many years has Anand been married before he got his first child?

18) Which famous American GM got his GM title without even getting his IM?

19) Who is the famous french WGM/IM who became a very successful poker player after remarrying again to yet another GM?

20) Who is the 27xx player whose hobby is just chess. Hint: He is a Physicist with a Ph.D?

Good luck
-Sansen
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: June 29 - July 2 2011 - Quiz

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who participated in this quiz by sending me their answers. But as mentioned that only the top 3 scorers will receive a free month VIP membership.

And hereby I would like to congratulate:

1. herotrojan

2. shanice07

3. WORKMEN

.... for winning a monthly free membership, on behalf of chesscube I hope you enjoy it and join the upcoming ChessCube World Cup II (CCWC2).

Thank you,
-Sansen
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Answers to the quiz is as follows:

1) Which world champ (WC) has been seen coming to a tournament with a tennis racquet and shorts? [color=#FFFFFF](Boris Spassky)

2) Which WC died and was found with a 3in beef lodged in his throat? (Alexander Alekhine)

3) Which GM trained to be a singer and ended up as a WC? (Vassily Smyslov)

4) Who is the famous WC who believes that standing on the head (and therefore increasing blood flood to the brain) helps in playing better chess? (Wilhelm Steinetz)

5) Which famous GM fathered a twin at the age of 78? (Mark Taimanov)

6) What is the name of the chess goddess? (caissa)

7) How many times has Alexei Shirov gotten married and how tall is he? (4, 6' 5)

8) What is the name of Kasparov newest wife? (Dasha / Daria)

9) GM Aronian got into a fist fight with an English GM over a WIM a few years ago. Who is this WIM? (Ariana Caolli)

10) "This is the first and the last game you will ever play with me", a famous GM frustrating said to one of the Polgar sisters, when he lost on time in a blitz game. Who is this GM? (Victor Korchnoi).

11) Which famous GM attempted to do a takeback in a blitz game against ex WWC Kosteniuk? (Magnus Carlsen)

12) Which famous WC thought for many many minutes only to miss mate in 1 , and, btw, how tall is he? (Vladimir Kramnik; 6 ' 7).

13) Which famous GM thought for 1 hour before making his first move? (David Bronstein).

14) Who is this Israel GM who met a girl online on a chess server and ended up marrying her and moving to the US? (Ronen Har-zvi)

15) Israel GM Boris Gelfand is a very good friend of which Russian GM? (Vladimir Kramnik).

16) Which famous Hungarian GM had to swim for his dear life as he was being fired at by soldiers? (Pal Benko)

17) How many years has Anand been married before he got his first child? (16)

18) Which famous American GM got his GM title without even getting his IM? (Larry Christiansen)

19) Who is the famous french WGM/IM who became a very successful poker player after remarrying again to yet another GM? (Almira Skripchenko)

20) Who is the 27xx player whose hobby is just chess. Hint: He is a Physicist with a Ph.D? (Vladimir Malakhov)

Thank you,
-Sansen
<<

intandayana

Bishop

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm

congrats to the winners :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
No matter where you live, no matter what you do, some of these things are always true.
<<

johncenaa

Rook

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah,thanks for Sansen for giving such an excellent opportunity for NON-VIP members to become VIP and play CCWC II and also Congrats WINNERS
Learn Chess From GrandMaster - http://rcaofficialpartner.blogspot.com/ . I teach beginners at chesscube.If you have any questions please contact me..!!Here is my website here and my youtube chess channel here
<<

shanice07

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Re: cool on gold!

thank u for the opportunity Sansen... it is actually shanice07 but shanice97 is cool too...it is still me anyway... also thank u so much byberr y, bataleur and talawan for a great help... you're all amazing guys! love chesscube!!!!
<<

herotrojan

Pawn

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Thank you chesscube and thank you Sansen for giving us this opportunity to be vip. This is my first time. Thank you again very muuuuch!!! i dont expected to be one of the winner!!... :)
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: cool on gold!

shanice07 wrote:thank u for the opportunity Sansen... it is actually shanice07 but shanice97 is cool too...it is still me anyway... also thank u so much byberr y, bataleur and talawan for a great help... you're all amazing guys! love chesscube!!!!

Missed that, now its fixed :dance:
<<

vgjrfftufe

Pawn

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

coach bag sales coach handbag

Recently and baeing German born Creek Lin came
Despite the cloudy day time when the rainfall while, they was adamant around the ride after this, the ultimate Ninety days mls aside, the path needed 8 . 5 a long time. He had been associated with his companion Wu Lin and the various other the The german language. Prior to in which, they start from Yunnan Shangri-La, all the way up along the Yangtze Pond operating, riding Four,Thousand kms in Sixty six days and nights.
The german language riders present his take a trip records for your Pond Lin, the present Several,Thousand kilometers trip four or five periods 12 months within his or her experience soon enough.

Return to Daily Quizzes