FAQ

The cheats in warzone series

<<

cheat_hunter

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: The cheats in warzone series

What you guys need to do when you suspect someone of sandbagging is report them to me and i will run their account to determine whether or not he accusation is true or false. You can find me in the "Report Cheats Room" or you can private chat me. Or even better yet you can drop me a mail at [email protected]

I am here to cut down on the cheats on our site and with your help by reporting the cheats it would make things speed up a bit faster!

Waiting for your guys response

-
Cheat_Hunter
<<

fbx

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:33 pm

You can remove a lot of the investigation hassle by simply implementing a ratings floor like USCF does. This makes sandbagging impossible. How it works is a 200 point difference limit on established ratings (not provisional). Thus, if someone breaks 2000 rating, they can never lose below 1800 rating points. For the purposes of this site, it might be better to move the floor to within 100 points. In other words, a 2000 can never lose to below 1900 rating points.
<<

bosox1275

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:18 pm

yes this system is really cheap :( . its not completely true that everyone can win.nobody really above 2000 has a good chance of winning. players should be rewarded for wins as a 2200 and 1 loss.not for a 1500 with 80 losses and 15 wins.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 pm

@fbx: the important thing in warzones for points and handicap time you win/lose is not your actual rating but it is your handicap rating, thus, making a floor rating in your max rating - 200 or -100 is nice but still when you are in your floor rating your handicap rating goes down. I have played people with floor rating of 2100 who are with rating around 2100 and with handicap rating of 1800. That way playing them for the system is the same as playing a 1800, thus you just get 5 points or so for beating them while they get around 45 out of the 50, which still is too much of a difference.

What I would do is to take the streak multiplier back to 1 after a lose, that way the sandbagger will score 49~50 points (100 after double cubing) at max instead of the 500 (1000 after double cubing) they can score against a 2000 person. This way someone with high rating can win in a game more or less the same as a sandbagger in each win.

For Cheat_hunter: I really believe that everyone that scores in the top 10 in any of the warzone series finals, either in the daily or in the weekend, is resigning against low rated people and trying to win against 2000+. Or they are 1400 or so people that resign fastly against everyone 1600+ and win fastly against 1400 or so, keeping the handicap rating really low and playing around 100 games or more in 60 mins in a timer of 2/0.
<<

adryan20

Pawn

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

There are other types of "sandbaggers", the ones that have various accounts.
Making a new account (with a new rating), gives them no problem in playing tourneys as under`rated players (because they "didn`t have the chance" of improving their rating).
Last days I played in this type of tourneys (points handicap), I saw a lot of players with accounts made in august 2011, having 1600 - 1700 rating and playing like a 2200+ at least.
This is why I propose having a lot higher minimum experience level to enter this tournaments, like 50-100, of smth like that(from what I saw, now it`s 7, which is really easy to get to).

Another thing that I think should (if it could ) be implemented in CC system is a program that automatically kicks out from any tournament a guy with a difference of ratings between general and tournament higher than .. let`s say .. 250. It could be like a checking when he tries to enter a tournament and not letting him in if he doesn`t pass this term.
I think this could save a lot of work from you too, checking everybody and banning them for sandbagging (after they`ve already damaged the tournament) and maybe make them better people :-d

Doing these 2 things, I think could improve a lot tournaments playing and the FAIR PLAY.
<<

AlvaroMCA

Pawn

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 am

Isn't it funny when your 2100 and fail against a 1400??
or maybe...
it is...??
ehh....
sorry im dr...
<<

adryan20

Pawn

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:25 am

Another good condition I thought against these new accounts made only for tournaments (crowns) is having a minimum number of tournament games played before entering a crown prized tournament. ( let`s say.. about 500 )
An example of what I said before:

player bubblegumgum
Level / XP: 86 / 42,325
No of rated games: 21
Highest general rating: 1581
Tournament games played: 7
Highest tournament rating: Not set

He just won, in a crown prized tournament, against 2000+ players and drew against 2100+.
<<

prideofandhra

Knight

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:53 pm

i think it will be better if mulyiplier resets on two consecutive loses,,which makes ppl think about resigning aganist a 1500 player because he cant be sure about his next game...comment on this idea plzzz
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Good afternoon,

I have asked several times to take away the point system or to put the multiplier back to 1 when you lose a game but it seems that admins prefer having first 5-10 people sandbaggers and then don't pay when they try to cash out than doing anything about it. That is the conclusion I got after talking quite a lot of time with people.

I still cannot believe how some sandbaggers do not get banned although being clearly reported with proofs over 20 times, thus, I just can think that what I wrote above is correct, plus they took away the crowns from the weekend warzone series and put cubits instead to make fair players not win crowns in a fat way and make them win crowns in the crown star S&Gs.

Regards Xabier.
<<

bpeoadg

Pawn

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

I agree that points handicap system is very bad. I have absolutely no problem if I finish a tournament as 300th player, if other players are better than me. That way I will be motivated to learn something and that I like. That is one of the reasons I like to play chess, it makes me objective, overcome my limitations.

There is another way of cheating, not mentioned here and I suspect some 1600, or 1800 rated players are using it. It was shown to me by a player from Serbia in an unrated game that it is possible to use a chess software assistance in a 2min game. I would like to propose that warzone tournaments should have 1min time controls as one possible solution for this.

Some players are worried that they would be accused for arrogance if they say they don't believe a 1600 rated player could defeat them. I don't believe that. My max. tournament rating was around 2300 (it goes up if I don't play tournaments where crowns are prizes), and now it is around 2100, because I played warzone tournaments lately. In these warzone tournaments I have delivered checkmate in 4-15 moves to 2000+ rated players, I defeated many 2200+ rated players sometimes with much luck, but none that I remember with 2300+ rating. They are too strong for me. So I don't believe a 1800 rated player can defeat me in a fair bullet game more than once in 50 games. Call me arrogant if you please, but I call such 1800 rated players who defeat me twice in the same tournament cheaters. If a 1800 rated player wins a couple of games against 2000+ rated players (say 5 per tournament) his handicap rating should immediately go to 2300, and then if he loses a couple of times against 1600 rated player (e.g. twice or 3 times) after that his handicap rating should go up to 2500 and stay there for a week or so, because he is a cheater.
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages