FAQ

error? : OFTEN disconnecting & reconnecting

<<

getodacicus

Pawn

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: error? : OFTEN disconnecting & reconnecting

Hi guys,
Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem seems to occur only with ChessCube, and it is not lag-related.
I keep digging, and I will let you know when I manage to find a solution.
Best,
G.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 am

Good evening Getodacicus,

I do not know but you can try playing other online games, maybe it is any flash online game, if it is it might be due to drivers. Maybe there are not drivers for windows 7 or windows 7 64 bit support. 64 bit is more complicated than it looks like, since there are not yet a lot of programs with full support to 64 bit although it is getting more and more frequent.

I will try to research a bit more about it too, but I keep suggesting that maybe you should change drivers, either degrade the version or get new drivers. As I have mentioned earlier I am quite out of ideas now. You can always try to talk to [email protected] and ask them about windows 7 64 bit support.

Regards Xabier.
<<

x_magneto

Pawn

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:13 am

This started happening to me tonight during the kings warzone (or something) tournament. It happened 2-3 times. In one game, I came back and had 14 seconds to make all my moves. I hope it doesn't keep happening. Seems odd that it's happening to multiple people, not just 1.
<<

getodacicus

Pawn

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Sweeney,
For me was not a lag problem.
It showed out that it was the combination between a certain (wireless) router (DLink DIR 685), Windows 7 on 64, and BitDefender 2011. I have accidentally changed the router, and everything worked fine. However, with Windows XP (x86), BitDefender 2011, and same router - but not used wireless, everything also works nicely.

So, it seems that ChessCube hates the above mentioned combination :)

Thanks all for the help!
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:06 am

Good evening getodacicus,

I see nice to hear about that, it is strange that it was due to router since the other pages were ok but it is nice to hear that there was a solution.

Regards Xabier.
<<

dani91

Pawn

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello! Its a very very big problem that the 50% of players has got this problem. And nobody can help us. Cant understand that Chesscube doesnt do anything. Cant play chess here.
<<

rosepetals08

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 am

Hi there'
I've got exactly the same problem too, I always got disconnected in the middle of the game since yesterday. It pissed me off, I lost lots of cubits and ratings caused of this problem. Would you please help me w/ this problem. It is so disturbing to me. Ty
<<

pasuli_

Pawn

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I have this same annoying problem. It began when I installed 64-bit Win 7. I suppose that this problem has something to do with 64-bit Windows. I have tried to install several versions of Flash player, but no use. This problem is really pissing me of. Do I really have to install 32-bit Windows, because my friend has it and has no problems?

Over and out.
<<

djekmag

Pawn

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Find same problem after updating flash player, try some older version.
<<

tungsten

Pawn

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:16 pm

I have this same problem. If I join/start a game, the game will disconnect/reconnect every minute or so. This makes chess unplayable on this site.I have tried the following to fix the problem, but without success:

* Ran Chesssube in Chrome, Firefox and Explorer.
* Reset my modem/router.
* Reset my ISP connection (i.e. changed IP).
* Downgraded flash from 11.1.x to 10.3.x.
* Ran Chesscube from Firefox in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Anyone else had any success fixing this problem?

t.
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages