FAQ

error? : OFTEN disconnecting & reconnecting

<<

gentle2bear1x

Pawn

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: error? : OFTEN disconnecting & reconnecting

hay when i am playing the game disconect and keep flashing then say prob reconecting to game. i change ips to firefox and downlod google crome
<<

cyberella

Pawn

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

I am having the same issues, constant disconnection which costs time and eventually the game.
I have opened the site in Chrome, IE and Firefox and it happens in all browsers.

When are you guys fixing this? I've tried to access the help room, but I don't even stay connected long enough to type a one sentence message there.

It's beginning to get ridiculous.
<<

katherine_123

Pawn

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi all, I keep having the same problem, and here is my experience. I have windows7, 32, great Internet connection and I keep disconnected on chesscube, skype, msn and all the other sites work perfectly. I tried to download older version of flash player -- did not help. I tried IE, Mozilla and Chrome --------- still the same problem. I have been experimenting it since the beginning of November. ........and one more thing, I definitely get disconnected when there is a message from the system
<<

kingscrusher

Pawn

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 pm

tungsten wrote:I have this same problem. If I join/start a game, the game will disconnect/reconnect every minute or so. This makes chess unplayable on this site.I have tried the following to fix the problem, but without success:

* Ran Chesssube in Chrome, Firefox and Explorer.
* Reset my modem/router.
* Reset my ISP connection (i.e. changed IP).
* Downgraded flash from 11.1.x to 10.3.x.
* Ran Chesscube from Firefox in Windows XP compatibility mode.

Anyone else had any success fixing this problem?

t.

Do you have MAcFee Internet Security by any chance - I wonder if it might have to do with the real time scanning function if you do have it.
<<

kingscrusher

Pawn

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 pm

katherine_123 wrote:Hi all, I keep having the same problem, and here is my experience. I have windows7, 32, great Internet connection and I keep disconnected on chesscube, skype, msn and all the other sites work perfectly. I tried to download older version of flash player -- did not help. I tried IE, Mozilla and Chrome --------- still the same problem. I have been experimenting it since the beginning of November. ........and one more thing, I definitely get disconnected when there is a message from the system

Do you have McAfee Internet Security?! If so, could you try taking off for a few minutes as experiment the "Real time scanning" and see what happens
<<

tungsten

Pawn

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:53 am

kingscrusher.. thanks for the suggestion. No I don't have any McAfee products running. I do run AVG Free though.

Some more information on the disconnects..
* It looks like the same disconnection problem is happening out of game as well.. if I'm viewing tournaments or the game request screen, once every minute or so the tournaments list will dissappear for 10-15 sec and the game request list will stop refreshing.. looks like the same problem.
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Good evening,

I do not really know what the source of the problem might be but you could try searching in internet games forum, WoW forum should be a good place to start your search from. Since there are a lot of more people there trying to solve that same problem.

I hope you get it all back in work.

Regards Xabier.

WoW = World of Warcraft.
<<

matthze

Pawn

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 am

Can't fix the Problem, here comes the debug message:

TypeError: Error #1009: Der Zugriff auf eine Eigenschaft oder eine Methode eines null-Objektverweises ist nicht möglich.
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/movePiece()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/snapToSquare()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/pieceUnselected()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractivePiece/onPieceUnselected()

Matthze
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Good day,

matthze wrote:Can't fix the Problem, here comes the debug message:

TypeError: Error #1009: Der Zugriff auf eine Eigenschaft oder eine Methode eines null-Objektverweises ist nicht möglich.
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/movePiece()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/snapToSquare()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractiveBoard/pieceUnselected()
at chess;view;components;board::InteractivePiece/onPieceUnselected()

Matthze

I am quite possitive that your problem is clued to the server move that has been taking place in chesscube this week, it should be back to normal for Friday or weekend.

Read more information here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3006

Regards Xabier.
<<

matthze

Pawn

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I fixed the connection problem by installing the beta flash player. Now all works fine. Ican't post the URL for the beta flash player, so search for "adobe labs flash player 11.2 beta" on google.

Matthze
PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages