FAQ

Flashback chess!!

<<

CowBe

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 am

Flashback chess!!

Hi to all! this is my first post and i hope to make an interest topic..i want to start telling how i learned to play chess! was in my youth 14 and i was sad because i had failed a test in my secundary , then a classmate came and said " hey why the sad face? dont worry u will do fine next time !come and play with me chess and dont worry i will teach u the chess rules ".it was hard the first time but it was very funny learn chess . i did not see anymore my classsmate after secundary but i am very grateful to have learned this great game!!

and u how did you learn playing chess?? =d
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred:
Your focus determines your reality...dont see the future at the expense of the present time...
<<

chark

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 am

Re: Flashback chess!!

me bro. wen i was 5yrs old. people around (neighbors) loved that game much. at that young age. im fun being a spectator.watching them play and a kin observer how the pcs moves. wen my grandpa knew that im interested he taught me rules and let me understod wat r the diffent pcs for and how they moved. its really fun!. i get addicted to it. at that age i used to play chess.. every person hu passed by on our house i challenged to play. even the older ones. and every nyt. my opponent is grandpa.. so hard to beat him..thats y im so thankful to neighbors and grandpa hu brought me to CHESS WORLD =D
<<

CowBe

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 am

wow a chess fan in ur family !! thats really cool to know!! i already dont have chess fan in my family!! thnx for ur story!! was very interesting!! :clap: :clap: :greetings-clappingyellow: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:
Your focus determines your reality...dont see the future at the expense of the present time...
<<

dmialr91

Knight

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 am

Hmm.. I've started playing chess since I was 12 where the truth was.. I'm not so smart at Math subject.. so my friends suggested chess to me.. they said chess can help our brain to think more.. so I've tried but always lost until that day.. they lost :D:D and I got A for Math subject.. lolzzz.. Starting that time.. I play chess but only for fun.. :)
Don't Pretend To Be Someone Else Because Each Of Us Have Our Own Uniqueness..
<<

CowBe

Pawn

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:58 am

lolol good story Mia! and yes chess helps open ur Brain and reasoning..and u know what?? some weeks after i learned how to play chess..i challengue to themaster that failed my exam..and i WON woo hoo but he killed me saying " u should use the intellinge in ur examn as u use in this match " (6) (6) (6) (6)

come on guys we want to know more storys!! :))))))
<<

dmialr91

Knight

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 am

CowBe wrote:lolol good story Mia! and yes chess helps open ur Brain and reasoning..and u know what?? some weeks after i learned how to play chess..i challengue to themaster that failed my exam..and i WON woo hoo but he killed me saying " u should use the intellinge in ur examn as u use in this match " (6) (6) (6) (6)

come on guys we want to know more storys!! :))))))

Hahahahahaha lolzzzz.. yea.. he told the truth :P :P he's really a good friend :P :P hahahaha

ok.. < 5 min later > already finished laughing (A) (A)
<<

ratan1st

Knight

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 pm

When I was 8,9 years old, my dad used to play chess with his friends all the time and i used to watch and play with the defeated pieces :). My dad thought it would be great if I too learned chess and thus he taught me.
The mistake he did that time was that he taught me chess soo well that, I started beating him in 2-3 years :), and now he hardly plays me anymore knowing what the result would be ;)
Everybody is a genious, as long as you don't judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree. B)
<<

Sean

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I vividly recall my first encounter with chess. I was about 8 or 9, was doing an elementary school project on dogs. To get information on them, I looked up information our encyclopedia. I tried to guess where the dogs section would be (keeping it mind there were over 10 000 pages in this encyclopedia!), so I opened it about 1/7th of the way. The page I opened didn't have "dogs" in the top left corner, but instead it had an entry on "Chess", with a very colorful diagram that caught my attention. I took it to my dad, and he told me about the game, and the next day, had bought me my very first chess set :). I played a few games with him, learning the rules, and then I played a game with my sister - but I had forgotten what to do when 2 Kings had come together. I took her King with my King (haha!) and had declared myself the winner :D.

Fond memories!

Keep the stories coming!

-Sean
<<

dmialr91

Knight

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 am

but I had forgotten what to do when 2 Kings had come together. I took her King with my King (haha!) and had declared myself the winner :D

:text-lol: :text-lol:

me too Sean.. I remembered I took my friend King with my King.. and I shouted "Woo hoo Checkmate!!" :-d
<<

flora99

Bishop

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 am

:angelic-blueglow: ummmmm, mine isnt tht interesting :), well i like playing online games, and last summer i beated a guy real bad:D, so he challenged me a chess game here on cc, and he was 2300+ that time, hmm i was stupid to accept it, i didnt knew chess atall:D, well i joined cc n learned the rules and how to play (A), then we had a match =D he beated me real good :D, but i have good frnds here, so i stayed :)))), and now i learned what chess is and how to play :D lol but still i like ps3 more :) , now i am trying to improve some chess, cause next time i dont wanna lose miserably to him...lolzzzzzzz :D but in anycase, he loses ps3 games to me lolololol :angelic-yellow:
Music is my first love, and it will ever be my last :)
Next

Return to English