FAQ

Pre-CCWC

<<

roflrofl

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Pre-CCWC

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-wavemulticolor: There should be a total of 1,000 crowns for the tournoment prizes and 100 cubits for the entry fee :dance: :dance: with dromatic music :violin: :violin: :violin:
<<

keepon

Pawn

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 pm

I think that the BEST tourney will be make a Match kill-kill.
in other words, if u win , u keep on :dance: BUT if u lose u get lost of the tourney. However the Champion will be a unbeaten. Similar to Champions League ( soccer ) or World cup ( soccer ).
NO ONE chance for LOSS :clap: :P
<<

Nirmittt

Queen

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Lero,
I like your idea.
Any other ideas guys?
I am looking for players who always play on ChessCube. My request would be don't call out any other players from outside ChessCube, who comes only to play these kind of big tournaments and disappears. For example, In CCWC 2, ChessCube gave out free VIP and crowns to the users who did good in the tournament. However, they don't even login on the site. Then I guess what's the point of coming and playing? Just to make your country team win? That's a great thing, but I would like to give chance to other players who actually spend their time on ChessCube and play here frequently.
<<

comeatme

Pawn

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am

I posted my other idea ... but i think that u dont read ( about the system like in Wordl CUP) .. Who won keep in tourney who lose withdraw.. Thus the Champion will be a unbeaten.

Other idea is Make a tourney for Country Teams ... A Tourney betweem Countrys .
But the selection for the Country Team would be made in inside tourney ( like the tourney that already there are)
The betters in tourney country will be represent the Team in Tourney betweem Countrys.
<<

Nirmittt

Queen

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 pm

comeatme wrote:I posted my other idea ... but i think that u dont read ( about the system like in Wordl CUP) .. Who won keep in tourney who lose withdraw.. Thus the Champion will be a unbeaten.

Other idea is Make a tourney for Country Teams ... A Tourney betweem Countrys .
But the selection for the Country Team would be made in inside tourney ( like the tourney that already there are)
The betters in tourney country will be represent the Team in Tourney betweem Countrys.

I did read that and replied you. Thanks for your idea..
<<

yaoliu

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:24 am

CCWC stands for ChessCube World Cup
<<

tomorri

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 am

Well first off i have to ask what's going to be the time control? I would think 3 mins is best cause it allows for much less possiblity for cheaters. I agree with the idea of having more than 1 division with different players playing in different ones that way more people get a chance to play BUT it shouldn't be based on rating but rather the divisions should be just A (top), B (second from top) C (third....) and let the countries choose the players who will be representing in each division. No rating requirement should be applied to each divisions because maybe some country doesn't have players within the required rating range but they still deserve to compete in the top division. I think there should be 5 players (not 4 like the previous CCWC because 4 is an even number 5 is odd :) )in each division (of course the 5 best of each country playing in division A). At the end distribute prizes to each division (the winning country players of top division getting the most of course and than everybody else less) Runners up and third place also (and maybe you can just give everybody something symbolic like say 100 cubics for participating). All games should be closely monitored for cheating. Btw I rarely play with this SN, it's my dad's so I was just wondering if we can both play from our house in the CCWC if the divisions idea is accepted (he with his SN and I with mine) or do we have to be on diff computers?
<<

dark_punisher

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 pm

get the list of players from each country who want to participate and then make short 3min or 5min tourneys which will b the time limit of CCWC...and make the best twam from each country...n make easy criteria for playes like non-vip players so that every1 can try...thanx.. :think: (A)
<<

rahulkadge

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:42 pm

A swiss tournament would be best to decide who would be playin in ccwc
the time control should be same as it would be in ccwc. 11 round tournament would be good enough.and there would be no problem of sandbagging too :think:
<<

smartypants

Pawn

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Because only a few people represent each country maybe it is fair to have different people play each year. That way everyone has a chance to play and it isn't just an 'elite' event where only those within an inner circle can play. I know many were perhaps put out that they couldn't compete last year.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Competitions & Events