FAQ

Periodic Disconnect

<<

omegatcb

Pawn

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Periodic Disconnect

Every now and then I get disconnected during a game. The Current Game tab disappears, and the Home tab starts blinking. If I close my browser and attempt to reconnect, Chess Cube is unreachable. Attempts to ping Chesscube resolve to what seems to be the standard IP address, but I get a "Request timed out" for a response. This lasts for about 5 minutes and then I can successfully connect.

Very, very strange. Like with another poster, this SEEMS to happen mostly when I am in a winning position, but that could just be me imagining things.

Any ideas?

Any one having similar problems?
<<

yesem

Pawn

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:48 am

Re: Periodic Disconnect

I have a very similar problem. During the game the chessboard disappears and the main room window blinks. This always happens when I win. When I am loosing this never happens. I think that maybe this is a bug or a software your opponent uses to win time. After a certain time - usually app. a minute the window reappears and I can continue to play. But this is terrible, especially when you play 3 or 5 min. Blitz. I hope that the web administration will take care about of this problem soon.
<<

yesem

Pawn

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:07 am

During the game the chessboard disappears and the home window blinks for about 1 minute. This happens about 7-8 times when I was winning. It never happened when I was loosing. My internet connection was ok and the chessboard window reappeared after a minute, but of course this was catastrophic during a 3-5 minute blitz game. For me it looks like my opponents used a software to throw me off the game or it could be a bug.
<<

omegatcb

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 am

Happened again today in a game versus victorh.

Once again, it occurred, suspiciously, right as I was about to take a decisive lead in the game. Maybe just coincidence, maybe not. Same behavior as before -- my browser could not even connect to chesscube for a couple of minutes. If all of chesscube did not go down at the same time, it is a very perplexing issue.
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 am

some time it happens to me also due to lag problem.
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
<<

budthestud

Pawn

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm

I have this problem every single game!! Winning or losing, the game will close and the home will start blinking. It can't be lag because I have good internet with usually torrent downloads of 100+KBs. It started doing it recently so I think it is some kind of problem with an update to flash player or maybe that combined with my antivirus. I know that just the other day all adobe flash videos and games wouldn't load and this was do to the newest updates' incompatiblity with realplayer so I had to uninstall realplayer.

I am going to install an older version of adobe flash and I will telll you guys the results.
<<

vguzman

Pawn

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:49 pm

I have the exact same problem !! Win Vista x64 with latest flash version.
I keep loosing thanks to this bug... please fix it !!!
<<

newba

Knight

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:27 pm

You could try the following:

• Use another browser (such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
• Update your Adobe Flash Player here
• Clean the cache for your browser. Mostly, you can find this option at TOOLS, CLEAR DATA (or something like that)

This could help. =)
Brazil community's rocketeer!
<<

mentalplayer

Knight

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm

When u are disconnected ,chesscubes tab starts blinking showing that it has been hit with some problems on connection,u can solve this by few ways,logging in again by using the back button and then forward click or refreshing the page.There is one more method which many use during disconnection,after ur connection is prefect keep pressing a tab rapidly(mean a chesscube tab such as home or room tab or ur game history/stats or a game),after few presses u get struck to that tab,and u see that the blinking is stopped,also if u are pretty sure u are on prefect net connection try this rapid click method,if worked for me

Regards,
MentalPlayer

Return to Feature Requests, Bugs & Error Messages