FAQ

ChessCube Cheat Detection Promotion Rewards

<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: ChessCube Cheat Detection Promotion Rewards

melisko wrote:what is sandbagger ? n how do i know someone is cheating ?

If you want to know what sandbagging is, please review this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1093
I sometimes drift over this way,, but not very often
<<

darkthunder

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Nice idea!
I hope it will reduce cheaters:)!!!
†hµñÐêrêr
<<

himalayh

Knight

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:24 pm

great idea!
Learning Gives Creativity
Creativity Leads You To Think
Thinking Provides you Knowledge
Knowledge Makes You Great
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
<<

buki82

Bishop

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Is very nice this initiative, nice to hear this, but it would be difficult to distinguish the users, those that use the engine, but how do you distinguish those specifically, could you have any example, well as you experience to distinguish the user who using the engine. who can we ..?

thank's

buki
I can write, only when I'm online in chesscube forum...!
<<

ripley2

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Sansen & CC team !

Happy to see people here are being concerned with fairplay and cheating. I reported once in a while, but 1) no reward whatsoever came 2) it does not change the final result of a game and balance of cubits once you've been fooled (cheated) by someone.... this would be a big improvement, but unlikely to happen soon, i'm afraid. Anyway, i'll keep on reporting whenever I think (on serious basis) someone is cheating. Playing underscore is often very obvious when a 1400-1600 is developing or playing a 2000+ endgame in a 1' game. But the difficult part (for me) is when you meet a "multiple ID" CC player. By "multiple" i mean those who create accounts in numerous amount... they are sandbaggers alright, but by the time you realize they are, they have already changed and they won't come by in their former ID for a laps. Better write down their nicks....

Long Life to CC helpers, mods, and team ! Thanks for your help ! (Ripley2/Poetry12). :clap: :violin:
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 pm

buki82 wrote:Is very nice this initiative, nice to hear this, but it would be difficult to distinguish the users, those that use the engine, but how do you distinguish those specifically, could you have any example, well as you experience to distinguish the user who using the engine. who can we ..?

thank's

buki

Something to get you started, is analyze the games of the user who you think might be using assistance, if they have high correlation with a chess engine, report them. We will do the rest of the investigation.
<<

Sansen

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 pm

ripley2 wrote:Hi Sansen & CC team !

Happy to see people here are being concerned with fairplay and cheating. I reported once in a while, but 1) no reward whatsoever came 2) it does not change the final result of a game and balance of cubits once you've been fooled (cheated) by someone.... this would be a big improvement, but unlikely to happen soon, i'm afraid. Anyway, i'll keep on reporting whenever I think (on serious basis) someone is cheating. Playing underscore is often very obvious when a 1400-1600 is developing or playing a 2000+ endgame in a 1' game. But the difficult part (for me) is when you meet a "multiple ID" CC player. By "multiple" i mean those who create accounts in numerous amount... they are sandbaggers alright, but by the time you realize they are, they have already changed and they won't come by in their former ID for a laps. Better write down their nicks....

Long Life to CC helpers, mods, and team ! Thanks for your help ! (Ripley2/Poetry12). :clap: :violin:

Hey ripley2,

Thanks for your help. All rewards are given out. In the future when you report a suspect you can always try and follow up with me, or follow up with the moderator you reported to. Send me an e-mail too. This is what I'm here for :) Just keep bugging me :drool:

Regarding rewards, we always return the amount of cubits you have been cheated on top of the extra bonus you get from the reward. For example you play a user for a 2000 cubit game and you come to report that user as you suspect them of using chess engine assistance, after our team analyzes these games and user history (the user gets banned), we reward you with your initial 2000 cubits + the reward.

I hope this clears some of the doubts you have had. :-d
<<

sitibalkis

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

what is sandbagger n how do i know someone is cheating on me :violence-rocket:
<<

kep0550

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

how do you cheat at chess and what is a sandbagger?
<<

mrviejo50

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 pm

It's about freakin' time!
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News