FAQ

ChessCube Cheat Detection Promotion Rewards

<<

bvlnrao1

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: ChessCube Cheat Detection Promotion Rewards

Nice but we need further information about the ways of the cheats and the ways of detecting the cheats etc.
<<

mhmoud22

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 pm

:) :) :dance: :dance:
<<

kaizoko

Pawn

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Report a legit engine user ? i didn't understand that i a m fromm morroco and speek french and my english is bad so i don't eally understand i wish i can help you guy's
<<

xabichess

Rook

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 pm

bvlnrao1 wrote:Nice but we need further information about the ways of the cheats and the ways of detecting the cheats etc.

Good day,

Look here for more information about how users cheat, the warzone cheats: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=573 , cheats in general, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2386 . As for engine using cheat you just need to take your engine out and analize games and see how accuarate players are. Although one game means not a lot.

Regards Xabier.
<<

vogelpfeife

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 am

On the positive side. Cheats make me a better player.
<<

lostchord

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 am

Like a couple of others, how can you tell ?! Please help ! :S
<<

novicejj

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:06 am

how can you know someone is cheating. is it a very low rated beating a high rated,, or someone playing for them and it not them really
<<

drblitz

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 am

Cheat detection get even crowns, how about someone creating another cheating account and report that account and get crown. :shhh:
<<

lizard_of_oz

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 am

I hate sandbaggers in tournaments. You see someone is playing under a false rating if they have been up to a level say 200 0r 300 points more than they are playing under.Sometimes they are just playing a lot stronger than their rating would indicate.
<<

mackayj

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 am

Though, I realize the great intentions of the people at ChessCube, this bounty hunt may have unintended consequences. The main issue is how cheaters are correctly identified.

Firstly, how is a person to know if someone is "sandbagging" them? I've played people with noticeably lower ratings than myself who whipped my butt and I've also been fortunate to have been in the reverse scenario. It feels as though this could be construed (by an onlooker) as a sandbagging situation. I could go on all day as to why a lower rated player beats a higher rated opponent (usually a mistake by the "better" player), but the reasons for this are countless.

I have no idea what the heck an "engine user" is. Yet, again, players are asked to make assumptions of what they THINK is going on with their opponent from a remote location.

The bottom line is this: You will never be sure. While I commend the efforts of those at ChessCube, the "if you float, you're a witch" philosophy may have effects which are unwanted.
PreviousNext

Return to ChessCube Announcements & News