very good
<<

tao999

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

Re: ChessCube Cheat Detection Promotion Rewards

Sansen wrote:
ripley2 wrote:Hi Sansen & CC team !

Happy to see people here are being concerned with fairplay and cheating. I reported once in a while, but 1) no reward whatsoever came 2) it does not change the final result of a game and balance of cubits once you've been fooled (cheated) by someone.... this would be a big improvement, but unlikely to happen soon, i'm afraid. Anyway, i'll keep on reporting whenever I think (on serious basis) someone is cheating. Playing underscore is often very obvious when a 1400-1600 is developing or playing a 2000+ endgame in a 1' game. But the difficult part (for me) is when you meet a "multiple ID" CC player. By "multiple" i mean those who create accounts in numerous amount... they are sandbaggers alright, but by the time you realize they are, they have already changed and they won't come by in their former ID for a laps. Better write down their nicks....

Hey ripley2,

Thanks for your help. All rewards are given out. In the future when you report a suspect you can always try and follow up with me, or follow up with the moderator you reported to. Send me an e-mail too. This is what I'm here for :) Just keep bugging me :drool:

Regarding rewards, we always return the amount of cubits you have been cheated on top of the extra bonus you get from the reward. For example you play a user for a 2000 cubit game and you come to report that user as you suspect them of using chess engine assistance, after our team analyzes these games and user history (the user gets banned), we reward you with your initial 2000 cubits + the reward.

I hope this clears some of the doubts you have had. :-d

With due respect, I too have reported sandbaggers, only about half (the most extreme examples, maybe 500+ points sandbagging) have been dealt with AFAIK, and I don't ever recall being issued the rewards promised nor the cubits that I should have gotten via lost immediate tournament placements or via leaderboards rewards. Either I have missed the cubits being awarded (entirely possible) or they have indeed not been awarded, either way it looks bad to those trying to report cheaters if said reports are not dealt with nor rewarded as promised.

I would suggest that these awarded cubits get referenced via the "notifications" tab via the "home tab" so that it is clear to people that they have indeed been awarded, and also that a clean and clear definition of sandbagging is given so that people have a reference point as to avoid confusion and grief when their understanding of the term differs from whatever criteria is utilized by CC staff. I would also suggest that all people reporting legitimate cheaters every month or so get put into a raffle for a VIP membership, which would be a bigger incentive with little cost to CC, and would encourage others to report cheaters even when they don't need cubits.

(Related, my VIP failed to deliver the 4 weekly videos promised, and did not let me choose the ones I did get, giving meinstead ones dealing with detailed lines of an opening I have no desire to play. This is a breach of contract and is bad advertising to both ourselves and to those we might talk to about chess websites. I hope myself and others who have been similarly defrauded get and apology and our choice of vidoes - in the numbers promised but not delivered via VIP - when this becomes possible.)

As noted in another thread (in the Suggestions forum), I would recommend adjusting everyone's rating every month or so (upwards if not downwards) to factor in their strength via non-rated games - especially tournament games. This would avoid this very profitable form of sandbagging that all but ensures that sandbaggers will win ratings-limited tournaments (and related leaderboard placements w/ cubit awards) while legitimate players lose out.

I believe that failure to do something like described above (clear definition and rewards delivered w/ notifications, etc.) will only serve to discourage reporting of cheaters, discourage people from using CC, and perhaps even encourage cheating overall. I hope CC administration will give it some serious thought and implement these ideas as soon as possible.
<<

jcil

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 am

With all due respect, you are encouraging people with unsound minds to look for the devil under every rock. I for one am sick and tired of being accused of cheating every time i happen to win against some one who is having an off night. This is a bad idea. In the end who cares about a cheater any ways, they are only cheating themselves out of real experience in the game!

yours truly, JCIL
<<

amir_doel

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 am

so nice....
<<

medomovy5

Pawn

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:09 am